“Great location, spacious room, ample breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Amfiteatar Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Amfiteatarska, 6, Pula 52100, Croatia   |
Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in Pula
Buderim, Australia
“Great location, spacious room, ample breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Pula as it was getting dark and initially felt very deflated as there was a lot of graffiti on walls, road works and we felt we arrived in an industrial town. How wrong! Being directed to the hotel by a helpful local we were pleasantly surprised by the roman amphitheatre which was glowing from the softy lighting almost next to the hotel. After being welcomed into the hotel and shown where to park our large hire car, we went up to the room and were very pleasantly surprised with its large size and modern design. No problem with free wifi and more than adequate breakfast.

The receptionist was very, very helpful and spoke good English. Her employer, whom was at the reception desk the next morning, could do with a good dose of customer service training and shown how to smile. This was the only small negative I could find about the hotel.

Pula is a delightful town with fantastic eateries and shops. There is a great fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat and cheese market in the town and can be easily accessed by a short walk.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights (a family of 4) in 2 double rooms. Rooms were modern, clean. One room looked out to the street but only has small porthole style windows, the other room had a skylight window. We were able to park our hire car in the hotel car park.

Breakfasts were good, only downside was asking the cranky lady in the kitcken for replenishment of the breakfast buffett.

Location was the best, right next door to the amphitheatre and an easy stroll to the old town. Friendly, helpful staff at front desk. Would stay here again, no problem.

Handy tip for travellers, get on the local bus to some of the beaches south of Pula, we took the kids to Verudela. Another day, we hired a car and headed north to the small villages and the lovely fishing village of Fazana, then south to Kamenjak National Park. We ran out of time but the excursions to Brijuni also looked good. The old town of Pula at night is simply stunning. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here during a summer holiday to Croatia in June 2012. I had found and booked only 1 night through booking.com as we were flying into Pula but not holidaying there. On the website the hotel looked clean, modern, fashionable and reasonably priced. Prior to arriving I had emailed the hotel staff to advise that we would be arriving late due to flight times and ask if we could have a bottle of chilled white wine in the room ready for us. They receptionists always replied to my emails within a couple of hours they were great! They even emailed me a choice of wines with prices. I hadn't even arrived and was impressed with the service.
Upon arrival I wasn't disappointed! We were hot and tired from travelling but the staff checked us in efficiently and advised us of Internet wifi passwords, door codes etc and directed us to our room. The entrance lobby to the hotel is modern, clean and tidy and the hotel room itself was immaculate!!! I think it's the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in!! The air con worked perfectly and the room was great. Sea views even if the window was small.
We ate in the outdoor restaurant where the excellent service continued. The waiters were very knowledgable of the wines they served and corked them expertly. The whole stay was brilliant.
The next day we needed directions to the car hire place and a camera shop where the receptionist was more than helpful. We were also flying back home from Pula and had not yet booked a hotel for our final night of the holiday before our flight. We were so impressed that we booked our last night back in the hotel for 10days time. We left very happy and were looking forward to our return.

******I would highly recommend!!****

Everything's brilliant, the building, the staff, the food, the wine, and importantly the location! Perfect :-)

Thank you very much!! :-)

• Stayed June 2012
Koprivnica, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very good and comfortable little hotel, great location. Hotel has it's own parking with very narrow driveway.Rooms are modern and comfortable with big screen LCD TV. Climatisation controll is bit confusing. Biggest dissapointment is pansion dinner, food without taste, stupid combinations of menus and confused waiters. Overall great place to stay overnight, but with bed and breakfast only.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our stay was comfortable and the service was excellent. Wifi was flakey at best. Breakfast was again pretty average. The room we had looked out onto an awful apartment block typical of the communist era. Still it is next door to the magnificent amphitheater and an easy walk into town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I think the most important thing is what am I paying for?
Pros: the location is good in pula although a busy road that leads Into the town.
Cons: 1. A lady staff! Said this when I asked: sorry I understand I was late in reserving for a hotel car park and it's full. Is there an alternative?
She replied: oh.. You. Can park your car at the carpark along the road it cost 4 kuna per hour.
I replied ok( went out to machine found machine spoiled. Went bk to hotel receptionist)
Er.. The machine is faulty and also for 100 kuna a day. How do we pay 100 kuna with coins?
She replied: oh, you can just park without paying and get a ticket that cost 100 kuna.. Anyway the hotel one cost 75 kuna per day.
I replied: ok

Next moment as we parked and walk into town. Found parking with security and cost 60 kuna a day.....

I rush back to my car but got a fine already( it's a fine!!!!!)
I went to the receptionist again.

Erm how do you pay for the ticket then?
She replied: ANYWHERE!! ( as If I am a Croatian. ) I asked again anywhere? She replies yes anywhere.

What kind of standard is this?

2. Normal room with thin pillow and really can't call the self hotel..
3. Wifi took some time before finally logged in.
4. Breakfast was normal( as per most bnb )

If a choice is given ( was a weekend everywhere nearby is Packed!! )

For the price I would get an alternative. Don't understand
What's with the rating.. ( ANGRY )don't ask me how I paid the fine, and stupid idea for parking like that.

Rating *

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Nice people ,great size and designed room, comfortable. Their restaurant serves nice food, the breakfast is sufficient. Just next to the Amfiteathre.The mini bar is not filled, some items are missing, but as we only stayed for 1 night, we were not bothered.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amfiteatar Hotel? Share your experiences!