“LOVELY RESTAURANT” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Leek, Staffs
“LOVELY RESTAURANT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We found this restaurant following recommendations in Lonely Planet. The service and food were excellent. Not much choice for vegetarians ( like me ! ) but they happily fulfilled my request for main course items not on the menu. The waiter ( owner I think ) also helpfully pointed out that my choice of vegetable soup was made using ham bones to make the stock - so I chose the tomato and rice soup, which was lovely.
Do not miss trying the home-made lavender ice cream with hot fig sauce - DELICIOUS !!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank oscardog1

Nanaimo, Canada
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed the location overlooking the ocean. The decor was beautiful and was matched by well presented and delicous food. Considering all of this the price was very reasonable.

Visited September 2013
“Best value for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time, and we were totally thrilled.Gina is a small restaurant, but beautifully and tastefully decorated, with a nice view of the sea.Food was very tasty.My wife ordered homemade pasta with shrimps, and I started with pasta with fresh black truffles, and both were delicious.Then fish fillets in wine and aromatic plants sauce for her,and for me shoulder steak of Istrian beef in green pepper sauce.It was great! In the end,we ordered lavender ice cream, and chocolate mousse, both was so delicious, specially lavender ice cream, it was one of the best desserts in my life.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank aldo6ira
London
“Incredible food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate here at the end of May and made a special journey out to Stoja from Pula just to eat at this restaurant. The weather was warm and so we sat outside at the front of the restaurant. Sadly, the road was noisy and there wasn't really any atmosphere out the front. Inside the restaurant however, the décor is beautiful.

Prices: For us this was a real treat and quite expensive; we wouldn't however, have got the same level of food and wine at home in London for the same price, but compared to other restaurants in Croatia, it is pricey.

Service: Initially, the waiter was quite stand offish and rude; it was like he thought we were not his usual clientele and that we couldn't afford it! By the time we left though, he was great, gave us a grappe type drink whilst we waited for the bus back into Pula and pointed out where to get the bus and the times.

Food: incredible! Warm fresh bread served in a little treasure chest! Lovely house white that was very reasonable. For starter we ate the crab ravioli (just divine!) and my husband ordered a pasta with prawns that were so fresh. My main meal consisted of some sautee potatoes, ratatouille and pilchards, that were delicious. They were wrapped in ham and stuffed with cheese - just so yummy! Hubby had something similar: chicken wrapped in ham and stuffed with cheese. For dessert we ate the semi freddo and figs that was outstanding.

If I came back to Pula, I would definitely jaunt out to this restaurant to eat. The food was very good.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Alanna P
Sibiu, Romania
“Great food, lovely atmosphere, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The restaurant is really lovely with a cozy atmosphere. The food was really good and fresh. Of course we had the lavender semifreddo and it was exquisite. The only problem was they don't accept any card payment.. which honestly is odd nowadays. After all was a fantastic experience, although a little bit expensive.

• Visited July 2013