“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
nanaimo
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed the location overlooking the ocean. The decor was beautiful and was matched by well presented and delicous food. Considering all of this the price was very reasonable.

Visited September 2013

72% Recommend
“Best value for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time, and we were totally thrilled.Gina is a small restaurant, but beautifully and tastefully decorated, with a nice view of the sea.Food was very tasty.My wife ordered homemade pasta with shrimps, and I started with pasta with fresh black truffles, and both were delicious.Then fish fillets in wine and aromatic plants sauce for her,and for me shoulder steak of Istrian beef in green pepper sauce.It was great! In the end,we ordered lavender ice cream, and chocolate mousse, both was so delicious, specially lavender ice cream, it was one of the best desserts in my life.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Incredible food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate here at the end of May and made a special journey out to Stoja from Pula just to eat at this restaurant. The weather was warm and so we sat outside at the front of the restaurant. Sadly, the road was noisy and there wasn't really any atmosphere out the front. Inside the restaurant however, the décor is beautiful.

Prices: For us this was a real treat and quite expensive; we wouldn't however, have got the same level of food and wine at home in London for the same price, but compared to other restaurants in Croatia, it is pricey.

Service: Initially, the waiter was quite stand offish and rude; it was like he thought we were not his usual clientele and that we couldn't afford it! By the time we left though, he was great, gave us a grappe type drink whilst we waited for the bus back into Pula and pointed out where to get the bus and the times.

Food: incredible! Warm fresh bread served in a little treasure chest! Lovely house white that was very reasonable. For starter we ate the crab ravioli (just divine!) and my husband ordered a pasta with prawns that were so fresh. My main meal consisted of some sautee potatoes, ratatouille and pilchards, that were delicious. They were wrapped in ham and stuffed with cheese - just so yummy! Hubby had something similar: chicken wrapped in ham and stuffed with cheese. For dessert we ate the semi freddo and figs that was outstanding.

If I came back to Pula, I would definitely jaunt out to this restaurant to eat. The food was very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sibiu, Romania
“Great food, lovely atmosphere, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The restaurant is really lovely with a cozy atmosphere. The food was really good and fresh. Of course we had the lavender semifreddo and it was exquisite. The only problem was they don't accept any card payment.. which honestly is odd nowadays. After all was a fantastic experience, although a little bit expensive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant only got the fame, the food is not up to standard and the service is terrible.
We particularly drove from Pula center to Stoja to try out Gina, instead of enjoying ourselves, we got all pissed off.

Disappointment 1: On the tourist Gourmet guide, it said Gina restaurant accepts Master Card and Maestro. After we asked for the check, the waitress said only cash. Even though I showed her the guide, it did not change her verdict. I had to leave my mother and daughter behind as Gina's "hostage" in order to fetch some cash. This pissed me off most above the service and the food!

Disappointment 2: spider crab was on the menu but it was not available upon ordering.

Disappointment 3: crab meat ravioli - several small pieces of crab shell were found inside the dish. I had to eat carefully to avoid hurting my gums or swallowing them. The raviolis were not fully cooked. I could taste raw pastry.

Disappointment 4: side dish spinach was on the menu but it was not available upon ordering. The waitress fooled me by saying spinach was not in season. How come I could get them in a local grocer?

Disappointment 5: " fresh" salad - they served lettuce which was rusted and turned brown!!!!! The rocket in the salad was first eaten by worms instead of me!

Disappointment 6: Lavendar ice-cream is nothing special. It's sweet with light taste of lavendar. The color of the ice-cream is light orange instead of lavandar purple.

Conclusion: not worth the money even though it is not a pricey restaurant!
If you are after a nice meal, I highly recommend Ancora in Premantura, Selo 144 which is 15 minutes away from Pula.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere