“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel is in a beautiful location and is unique as it is built around the rocks that would have originally formed some sort of a cliff, if you like walking, the old town (which is interesting and worth multiple visits) is within walking distance.
My only criticism of my hotel room is that when I checked in my room wasn't properly cleaned- in my bathroom I found hairs in the bath and finger nail clippings (or I pray they were finger nails!) all over the bathroom counter! I must stress the point that the hotel staff were trying to be accommodating because I arrived early and they let me check in earlier than they usually would have.
As for the breakfasts- I only eat cold breakfasts and sometimes toast- everything that I like was available: fresh pineapple, bananas, melon, oranges, grapefruit, yogurt, granola, dried cranberries, other fruits and cereals, lovely fresh bread. The only bad thing was the kiwis- I don't think they know what fresh kiwi is because every day the kiwi was soft and stale, I don't know how they managed to peel them but they were disgusting- I became obsessed with poking them with the tongs to check if they were any better than they day before but no!
Every day I watched the sunset from the jacuzzi, which was lovely and the spa is worth a visit (book a day in advance) I had a full body salt scrub which after a four days in the sun was sensational! The gym is not a gym but a room with a bike, a treadmill, a cross trainer and a weight machine- not so good if you're a seasoned gym user like me and like your gym home or away!
There are plenty of restaurants nearby with good options even for a vegetarian like me.
The beach, though small is, close and there are sun loungers available for rental.
The platform at the cave bar into the sea is brilliant but the cold October sea kept me dangling on the ladder for a good ten minutes before I threw myself in- very funny!
Kayaking from the old town is a must- so much fun but if you are on your own, as I was, reserve a single kayak if you don't fancy sharing with a stranger!
I had a wonderful time, I can't wait to go again and I would recommended this place to anyone bar the kiwis!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels of the hotel (floor 3 or above) I was on floor 1 and the room was...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here the last week of October and were blessed with beautiful weather. We stayed in a sea view room on the second floor. The room was large, nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. We had a lovely spacious balcony which was furnished with 2 chairs, a table and a sun bed. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the balcony, admiring the breathtaking views and watching the beautiful sunsets. I would highly recommend a sea view room, it was well worth the extra money.
We really enjoyed our breakfasts on the terrace, there was plenty of choice and the waiting staff attentive and very friendly. This hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in and the location was second to none, we really didn't want to leave and hope to return again!

Room Tip: It's worth paying extra for a sea view room.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a junior suite in the hotel. It was huge with a separate living room area, and the room is overlooking the sea which was excellent view for sunset. It is a large hotel and staff are friendly. The hotel is away from the town so you need to catch a bus to get to town.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Crieff, Perthshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed for a week in October. The weather was very good and we could still swim in the sea, which was pleasant and refreshing. The swimming pool is small and was too cold at this time of year to swim in, although the area around it was nice for sunbathing and I did enjoy going in the jacuzzi.

We had a very nice bedroom overlooking the sea.The bed was comfortable and we slept very well. The bathroom was well equipped and we were very pleased with our accommodation. It was cleaned thoroughly each day.There was a super balcony from which to watch the endless stream of large cruise ships, to enjoy drinks or sunbathe on the sunbed. The sunset was a daily highlight.

Breakfasts were a bit hit or miss and I feel it is in this area they really need to pay more attention. Plates were cold and food was not kept hot enough in the bain marie. I would go as far as to say that the cooked food, e.g. fried ham, sausages, etc. was kept at an unsafe temperature. I complained about this and staff always ensured I had a warm plate after, or I asked for one, but these were not out for everyone, and there was no improvement in the temperature of the food. Sometimes food had been sitting a long time at barely lukewarm temperatures. The scrambled eggs out every day were sometimes pleasant, but often overcooked, dry and cold. You could request eggs cooked specially and I did ask for poached eggs one day, but they were so vinegary and watery, I didn't repeat the experience. The waiting staff was excellent. They were always polite and helpful and very friendly. I liked them all very much. Vedran brought warm cups and saucers for us for our coffee, which helped keep it hot.

We were staying half board and the criticisms I make of breakfast do not extend to the dinners, which I shall review under Restaurant More. The dinners were excellent.

The Cave Bar was popular with passers-by but we didn't use it much as we liked being out in the sun. The staff from the bar services the area by the sea though and we sat there often during the day drinking coffee, beer or the occasional cocktail.

I had a massage in the Wellness Centre. You need to book the treatments a day in advance as it is only open for appointments. You make the appointments at reception. The massage was very professional and was a good experience.

Overall, we were very happy at Hotel More but I have deducted one "star", as I think they need to improve the breakfasts.

Room Tip: We had a standard double room with a sea view and balcony. It was worth asking specifically for a se...
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Although we arrived to find there had been an overbooking -After free drinks we were whisked to the 5*Dubrovnik Palace where we had lovely cocktails,a meal overlooking the sea and a good nights sleep.
The following morning after breakfast we were whisked back around the bay to the Hotel More. Nikolina on reception couldn't have been more apologetic and offered us a room upgrade,free massages and a bottle of wine.We ate in the hotel restuarant,food superb with attentive service from Vladimir.
Cocktails were fabulous in the Cave Bar and Monica ,the masseur destressed us perfectly.
Taxis into the Old Town were relatively cheap and as we shared the Hotel's car with another couple back to the airport it worked out at approx £15.00 per couple.
Rector's palace was disappointing(especially if you are a National Trust member-we are spoilt in the UK)-Maritime musuem,however very interesting.The walk round the walls can be hard going -lots of steps and route now anticlockwise (so reverse guidebook descriptions)

Room Tip: seaview worth the extra
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent 3 days here and found the hotel to be a very relaxing place. it is a bit of a walk to the nearest bus stop to take you into the old city, but the views on the sea are wonderful.
Breakfast is good and the location on the water is very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We booked Hotel More for our honeymoon. Brilliant views, good food and great location. Sitting outside the Cave Bar, watching the sun go down next to sea with a cold beer or wine is what you go on holiday for. Rooms very clean. We arrived late and were given room on 1st floor which we were disappointed with as it was directly above the restaurant. They moved us next day to the 3rd floor where is was quiet with superb sea views. Would recommend this Hotel to couples. Easy bus journey to Dubrovnik Old Town.

Room Tip: We paid for a sea view room. Try to avoid 1st floor rooms as they are directly above the restaurant...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel More? Share your experiences!