“Great hotel in Dubrovnik” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rixos Hotel Libertas

Save Saved
You added Rixos Hotel Libertas to your Saves list
Rixos Hotel Libertas
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Liechtensteinov Put 3 | Dubrovnik Neretva County, Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia   |
Ranked #20 of 70 hotels in Dubrovnik
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel in Dubrovnik”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights during a trip through Croatia. The hotel is ideally situated with rooms having a good view overlooking the bay. Staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome.As well as the indoor and outdoor pools, guests can also enjoy a swim in the bay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ena Z, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Hotel Libertas, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words in your review. We are looking forward to have You again in our hotel. Best regards.

715 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We took a four day trip at the end of October. Good time to go with great weather although still crowded with cruise ships. The hotel is very nice and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. However the rooms are beginning to look a little shabby. I guess the hotel was built 10-15 years ago and has not had a lot done to it since. The bathrooms are really nice with glass screens between them and the bedroom area (there are blinds if you are feeling shy!). Unfortunately some of the detailing has not been thought through (I am an architect so apologies for the nit picking!). The water from the shower head (which is massive) collects on a shelf, it has penetrated the silicone and caused the MDF shelf to the other side of the glass to swell. If this is happening throughout the hotel it will be a massive job to rectify. The shower screen is a little too small and water from the shower goes all over the floor. Despite that, and it is just me being an architect, the hotel is well located with most rooms having a sea view and balcony. There is an indoor and outdoor pool which we used and a spa which we didn't. It is a 20 minute walk into town but there are buses if you feel the need. The breakfasts are great with a massive choice and there is an open terrace next to the bar for those balmy evening nightcaps. All in all I would go back should we ever re-visit Dubronik.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank You for Your comment.
We want to inform You that we have taken all necessary steps in bathrooms so we can prevent soaking the bathroom floor whilst showering. Also, we are glad to hear that You liked our hotel and staff. We hope to have you back soon. Best regards.
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We took a 4 day vacation at the end of September and beginning of October. It was the perfect time to go - a bit less crowded, still had amazing weather, and the prices were a bit cheaper. Rixos was a great place to stay during our time here. We had great views of the sea and the access to jump in and swim (quite cold!). The outdoor bar was great and allowed us to spend lots of time just relaxing and soaking in the sun. It's about a 20 minute walk in to the old town, but was nice to be a bit tucked away from that area. The room was really spacious and very clean. They have a great variety for breakfast which kept us very full for our explorations! However, I would venture in the the old town for other meals. We had dinner one evening at the hotel, and it was okay - way too expensive for what it was. The spa access was a nice perk as well. The service was very good and everyone was very friendly and helpful. If we make it back to Dubrovnik, I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Beautiful hotel, built on the cliff side overloolking the bay. But unlike most hotel, the reception & restaurants on the upper levels with the rooms on the lower floors with pools, sauna and health centre on the ground floor at sea level. Staff are accommodating and helpful with the rooms of a very high quality. Ideally located for a walk into Dubrovnik 'old' city and all it's restaurants and tourist attractions.

Room Tip: over looking the bay
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Naas, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on our honeymoon in September. And after reading review on this site we thought its very expensive but sure why not spoil ourselves sure its our honeymoon after all.
When we arrived we were upgraded straight away to a room on the second floor over looking the pool and sea. This room looked fine not 5star but nice and big. The one thing we noticed was a SMELL coming from the drains which was unpleasant to say the least. I mentioned this to the staff and was told they would put some air freshener in the room. They did spray the room but the following morning the smell returned.
We said let just leaving it and enjoy the sights so not to make a fuss.
Moving on to my heading!! On our last night I was awoken to the sound of russeling coming from the area were the hotel had left fruit for us. I thought someone was breaking in so all I could do was grab a pencil beside the bed and turn the light on. I jumped up and moved to the living area only to be greeted by a large Black RAT on the table.
This was discussing as we had been eating from this fruit that day. I felt sick. It jumped off the table and ran to the washroom area and ran up the pipe under the sink. I called the hotel and the sent to guys up to look for it ( like its going to hang around) when they could find it they left. My wife and I were freaked out so I started to look around more to see what traces of proof I could find. Which I did fine rat dropping and to my surprise a apple from the basket under the sink with bite marks all over a bruised part of the apple. I pick it up and placed in the middle of the washroom. 5 minutes later a rat returned and took the apple back under the sink this show the size of the rodent.
We call the hotel again a this time we moved to another room at 4am.
The next day I told the hotel I didn't think we should pay for the last nights stay €500 but they would not accommodate us they did give us a free spa treatment valued around €80.
I never bother to write review but this just pissed me off the staff were so dismissive of what happened to us and just wanted us off of the hotel to not to inform other guests.
The staff even said it must of been a mice which I repy does it really matter you've rodents in your hotel and that must of been one strong mouse to carry a apple.

Ok sorry if you've booked to stay here maybe we just got unlucky but when you pay this kind of money this is not what you expect.

P.s we loved the town and the rest of Croatia

• Stayed September 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend and I had been traveling for a week in Croatia before we checked into Rixos. After staying in some okay and not so okay hotels, this place was like finding Mecca. Air conditioning! Bath robes! Rain shower! View of the Sea! Girls bringing drinks on roller skates by the pool! It is a bit of a walk from Old Town, but it's quiet and not as loud and crowded. They have a really great breakfast too. Lots of options and very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Falkirk. Scotland.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the old town. You would need to be fairly fit as their are hills to walk up both going and returning from the old town. The rooms mostly have an outlook over the bay, The rooms are a good size with a decent sized balcony.

The only down side was that the management decided that air conditioning was not required in the rooms for 3 days, leaving the hotel guests in the rooms at 27.c, we had to sleep with the balcony open at night due to the lack of air conditioning. Guests complained about the heat in the rooms, but nothing was done as the hotel management said it was winter. We were there in mid October.

Both the breakfast and the evening meal are buffet style, both have a good selection available.
The hotel staff in general were pleasant and helful during our stay. Special metnion to Zirko at the front door, He was helpful and always willing to offer advise on the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay, the higher the floor the better the veiw.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rixos Hotel Libertas? Share your experiences!