The positives: Location can't be beat, only 5mins to Pile Gate. Hotel kept in excellent condition. Buffet breakfast had great selection and represented value for money (we found that indulging ourselves for breakfast really set us up for a full day of sight seeing and only needed an ice cream for lunch!). Staff friendly, especially the ones working in the restaurant. Indoor pool never busy and a bonus with the sweltering heat. Stayed in the annex next to the main building which was adequate, however not as grand as the main building. Rooms were large and cleaned twice daily. Restaurant on the expensive side, however food was good.
The negatives: No porter/door staff to help with bags on arrival and had to carry own 20kg suitcases up the front steps to go into hotel to checkin. Expected better service from a 5* hotel regardless of whether the guest is capable of carrying their own luggage. In room WIFI expensive in relation to the awful reception, line constantly being dropped and had to contact the call centre everyday to be manually connected instead.
Apart from the location and the restaurant service staff being 5*, the overall experience from the hotel only compares to other 4* accommodations.
On a different note.....Dubrovnik is a fairly expensive place however, worth going since it is an extremely beautiful area with clear green sea and plenty of sunshine. Oh, also visit the island of Lokrum and swim in the Dead Sea lake, be careful of sea urchins (stepped on one!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik’s historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Top floor Executive Lounge with spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton