Just finishing up a three night stay here and have to agree it is one of the top Hiltons worldwide. I got in on the flash sale for 112 euros (ai) a night and was upgraded to the corner room with a wrap around balcony (rm 422). Fantastic views and easy access to the EL. Originally, I had 2 nights booked with the flash sale and the third night was showing rooms in the 300 euro range. After asking about extending the stay, I was given the third night at the sale rate and kept the same great room (who says being diamond doesn't make a difference!). Everyone here does a tremendous job with customer service.
EL: open all day with bigger selection of snack and alcohol in the evening. Great views from the balcony.
Food: Was given choice of breakfast in dining area or lounge. Chose the dining area and was a good selection of buffet style food and omelette station. They offered half board dinner for 35 euro per person. I opted for this one night and had a fantastic dinner. Again, the customer service was great and they allowed two starters instead of one and a dessert. Pan fried scallops - perfectly cooked with two sauces. Black ink risotto was the best I've ever had - I could eat this everyday and be a happy guy. Rack of lamb which was really lamb medallions (supplement 50 kunas I think) - cooked perfectly to a medium rare with the outer surface nicely crusted and flavorful while the interior was tender it also was a bit bland but, again, a nice sauce accompanied this dish. It would rank in the top 25 meals I've had.
Parking: 20 euros a day. Prompt service or you can also self park.
Room: about 35 meters/400 sq feet but given it was a corner room it had two exit doors onto a large wrap around balcony with a couple loungers and 2 chairs and table. Bed was nice. Bathroom was average but did have a sea view while taking a shower! Received daily afternoon treats. Morning service was good but turn down service was poor (only effort was to place a chocolate on the pillow - no emptying of trash, taking away of dishes, no removal of used towels, etc.).
While you don't need a car for Dubrovnik, I found it useful to escape during the day while the cruise ship mobs invaded. I can't imagine what summer is like but October was fairly crowded.
Overall, I'd say this ranks at the top for value given the price of 112 euros/nt and as fine a Hilton I've stayed in.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel
- Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hilton International Dubrovnik
- Hilton Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominating the area of approach to the Dubrovnik old city, the hotel overlooks the ancient walls and historic red roof tops of the cities palaces. On the four floors in both buildings this historic boutique hotel offers a wide choice of rooms of different size and shapes, following the historic architecture of the former hotel. All 147 air-conditioned rooms, are characterized by a Mediterranean touch that features a combination of modern technology and traditional charm. •Located on the doorstep of Dubrovnik’s historic Old town•Historic Dubrovnik hotel - delivering hospitality service since 1897•147 luxurious appointed rooms with Mediterranean touch•Top floor Executive Lounge with spectacular views over the Old town and Adriatic sea•Renowned Restaurant Porat - ultimate dining experience•The Lobby Bar, The Lounge Bar•Fully equipped Health Club - indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.