“A great place to people watch!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Placa Thoroughfare (Stradun)

Placa Thoroughfare (Stradun)
Ranked #10 of 119 things to do in Dubrovnik
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milton, Canada
31 attraction reviews
“A great place to people watch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Stradum is a great place to watch the world go by...lots of fascinating visitors and great shops selling local goods such as coral jewellery, olive oils, candied orange peel, and lavender.

Visited August 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“just sit and relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

sit down at a local pub, have coffee or a beer and watch the locals walk up and down the street. if hungry food is near, but after a couple of hours it get's boring. the street is not very long, so you tend to see the same people walking up and down :)

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
25 attraction reviews
“A Must See”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband I visited Oct 18th on a cruise. Our shore excursion included historic Dubrovnik and a visit to a village. Our short time here did not do this beautiful street justice. Our tour did not even leave us enough time to walk the Town Walls but we were enchanted by the city all the same. Our cruise was 7 days with a different port every day and this was my husband's favorite.

I recommend doing some research on Dubrovnik before visiting. We were on a guided tour but couldn't hear very well the whole time but we'd done our reading so we weren't completely in the dark. If you have limited time here, I also recommend planning your time better than we did. A stroll down the Stradun is a "must see" but we didn't have time to go into the monastery and only a few minutes to go inside the church. This is also a great time of year to go. The weather was perfect and it wasn't all that crowded.

The only reason I did not rate this Excellent was the little shops were a little disappointing. This is a very small thing I'm sure most people would agree. One of my favorite parts of traveling is bringing home a little souvenir. The shops were just ok along the Stradun. That certainly doesn't mean there aren't any cute shops anywhere. I bought a beautiful hand painted, ceramic christmas tree ornament. The shop right outside the gate had some nice souvenirs. I also bought and sent some postcards. They all made it to the US in less than 2 weeks.

Visited October 2012
Drogheda
9 attraction reviews
“Stradun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went up and down it so often and each time I liked it even more. It actually gleams the street is so clean and shiny! Great buzz about the place and a very special atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Enjoyed window shopping and sitting outside one of the any cafe's and having open sandwiches and local beer with grapefruit in it.

Visited November 2012