“A jewel in the heart of the OLD TOWN” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FLAVORS OF SPRING
Ranked #12 of 71 hotels in Dubrovnik
Cape Town
“A jewel in the heart of the OLD TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

You just cannot beat this boutique hotel for it's location in the very heart of the old town. Not to mention the fantastic friendly and helpful service, fantastic rooms and bathrooms. Cuisine on a rooftop terrace or intimate restaurant is outstanding and all with access to a private beach. What more could one ask?!

Room Tip: ask to overlook the town square
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Pucic, Guest Relations Manager at The Pucic Palace, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel.
It is a pleasure for us to see that you find our hotel excellent and that you were satisfied with your stay.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Josipa Pavlovic
Quality Manager and Guest Relation

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
Irish in Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We enjoyed a quiet glass of wine in the Pucic Palace Wine Bar. A wonderful relaxed place with a large selection of wines to choose from. It has it's own entrance from the street in the heart of the old city of Dubrovnik. I was not aware of the hotel until I looked on TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: Does not apply
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel IS pricey, however, it lies right in the centre of the old city - so location is what you are really paying for. We spent the first two nights of 7 in Croatia, here. Aside from having a flight out from Split, our itinery was had not been planned out in detail and so we were really able to draw on the hotel's resources - i.e. their staff to put together the remainder - and they were absolutely brilliant with this.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Staying in the Pucic Palace you are in the heart of the Old Town where all the action is. We went for a Superior Room, room 13 which was on the 3rd floor. Room was nicely laid out with a decent sized bathroom. We had a really enjoyable stay - high praise must go to the Reception staff who had made all our dinner reservations I had requested before we arrived. On arrival there was a complimentary bottle of Merlot & 2 glasses in our room to celebrate the anniversary of our engagement. Unfortunately they had not left a corkscrew to open the bottle!
Breakfast was all waiter served - the cold as well as the cooked & I have to say was absolutely delicious! Service was also good, though it was quiet.
Overall I would class this hotel as a good 4 star not 5 star, mainly due to small things like no bottles of water being provided in the rooms, no in room tea/coffeemaking facilities, & the TV was a little dated. We also couldn't get the DVD player to work.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as a good base to explore the city from.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I decided to travel to Croatia by myself for a few days waiting for my husband to join me. I travelled to Split and Dubrovnik. Being a solo traveller, I wanted to stay in the heart of things. The location is the ONLY positive thing about this overpriced no value hotel. Great location.

I have travelled around the world and stayed in hostels up to 6* hotels. But nothing like Pucic Palace.
- Rooms: they never cleaned my room. All they do is make the bed and organize stuff. I had to ask twice for fresh towels they were never changed in my 3 day stay, they just hung up the wet ones.
- Service: where to begin. They are not interested in regular travelers meaning not stars. I am solo and nothing was Mae easy to accommodate that. The first night at dinner, they requested I purchase a whole bottle of wine because they do not offer wine by the glass... The staff is rude, unfriendly and make very direct almost offensive comments. I ordered yogurt with muesli and fruits for breakfast and the order came wrong twice. E waiter manage to tell me it was my fault. Everytime. Never apologized.
- Food: ok but very expensive and there are much better restaurant in old town. Gil's, Pronto, Mea Culpa.

One thing that really pushed me over the edge... The wine tour I booked through them. I know, as an experienced traveller I should have know better but when I emailed the concierge to ask for wine tours, she replied they have one at a good price. I negotiated he price down and it finally made sense. It seemed good value. The morning of the tour, I show up at reception and the lady tells me the driver is waiting for me. Great, where's the guide? Oh she said, no guide included for you. ??? What. She proceed to tell me with such a tone that I requested the tour and not the excursion. Tour is driver and excursion is with guide. She told me it was my fault and it was too late. I could not believe her tone, HREF words and the situation. I travel alone and all she could do was make me feel like he idiot who booked through the hotel. Not once did she say "sorry for the misunderstanding". I was left upset on my way to meet the driver who barely spoke English.

Seriously, this hotel is EXTREMELY bad value for money. So many other nice high end hotel around. Not in the old town but you don't need to stay in the old town. Everything is so close walking distance. Villa Argentina, Hilton Imperial. Don't stay here.

I am leaving today and seriously, can not wait to get out of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I chose this hotel because I was staying alone in Dubrovnik and didn't want to have to walk home alone in the dark from where all the restaurants are etc - it is the only one in the old town. In reality that would not have been a problem as the old town melds into the rest of the City and in fact the quality of restaurants is much better away from the tourist traps. That said, this hotel has a nice restaurant serving French type food, which was a welcome change after 7 days of octopus salad and grilled fish elsewhere in Croatia, however delicious! The staff here are extremely friendly and obliging - it's actually a small hotel and you get personal service. The breakfast is very good and a la carte. My room was quiet and whilst the room itself was on the small side, the bathroom was amazing - roll top bath and walk in shower. My only two small gripes were a) that there was nothing like complementary water, chocolates, or other touches I would expect in a 5 star hotel. (However, I did book through a discount website and perhaps you would get more frills if you paid the full rack rate. I booked through Splendia, which was quite a bit cheaper than Expedia or Hotels.com). And b) the private area of the beach is actually some rather tired sunbeds and they get booked up, so then you have to sit in the public area. All this is achieved after much grumbling from the deskchair attendant, who no doubt could make more money by renting them out to regular customers. Also the beach is heaving. I would probably opt for a hotel with a pool if I went back

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We booked at the last minute and had to switch rooms which we knew in advance. The first room was two rooms together and was fabulous. It was off the terrace restaurant. Then we were supposed to switch to something called the Domino Apartments. We refused because it was a disgusting apartment with no services and was a fourth floor walk-up for the same price as what we were paying for the beautiful double. So we switched to the Hilton for a fraction of the price. We then returned back to the hotel for our last night stay. The room was not nearly as nice. So, it is important to know which room you have. The staff was very lovely. When comparing the Hilton to this hotel, this hotel is far nicer if you have a nice room. But, if you have a not so nice room, better to stay at The Hilton.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Pucic Palace? Share your experiences!