“Location Location Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 70 hotels in Dubrovnik
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Location Location Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Let's get the bad points out of the way first....I reported a broken safe and a broken bed on day one. We were promised both would be attended to. By the last day of the holiday neither had been attended to which was disappointing to say the least. Second, I think the rooms are dated and need an overhaul. The carpet was worn and clearly needs replacing. The bathroom is small but clean and functional. Three external pools are advertised but we found one was always locked up and we couldn't access it. I wanted a spa treatment but the two I picked were not available as two staff were on holiday so I left it in the end.

But then the good bits - location location location! Sea views from every balcony (ask for a room with views not obscured by trees); the pools are clean and the sun beds and towels plentiful. You can relax and listen to the calming sounds of the Adriatic and you can swim in its clear blue waters. The spa pool is cool and relaxing and we had it to ourselves on the last day!

What can I say about the breakfast in the hotel? Well if you eat it you won't need lunch! The choice is huge and the cooked to order omelettes a real treat. Fresh fruits; dried fruits; pastries; cakes; meats; fish; cereals with several milk choices including soya; eggs; pancakes; breads; and all served with endless supplies of coffee, tea etc. Wonderful! Staff friendly and helpful in the restaurants although I found reception staff a little less friendly and more reserved.

The regular bus service to the old town is reliable and clean. Buy a Dubrovnik Card to save on bus fares and entry to several attractions.

Don't miss the cable car ride and the war museum at the top. Very moving and well worth the visit for the museum as well as the amazing views.

A beautiful country and overall a great hotel to stay in.

916 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the fantastic location on the rocky coastline looking west towards the Elaphite islands across the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic. Although it was about 3 miles from Dubrovnik Old Town there was a local bus service that ran straight to the Pile Gate and could not have been easier.

The hotel is modern with lots of glass and marble and every room has a sea view and a balcony. There is a good sized pool with a waterside bar which was great for cocktails in the afternoon. Although there is no beach there are numerous steps down into the sea and the water was beautiful to swim in. There was the opportunity to Jet-ski and other water sports but we didn't partake, just too much else to do. There was an excellent looking Spa but again we didn't use so I can't give that an excellent.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel but this was a wonderful feast as you would expect from a 5-star hotel. I don't doubt that any of the 4 restaurants would be great for evening meal.

Our holiday was made perfect by 2 things: first the staff - all of the staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly and we were made to feel special and very welcome from the moment we stepped inside until we left. Special mention to the 2 girls on guest relations who booked tables at restaurants and advised on road trips that really helped and also our receptionist who was able to tell us the good news that they would upgrade us to an executive suite! We absolutely loved the room, so much space and a huge patio outside as well, just marvellous.

Room Tip: We booked separately rather than go on a package trip. I'm sure you get a great deal but the tou...
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Every room has a stunning sea view which would lift anyone as you open your curtains in the morning. The staff are very accommodating. Remember this is Croatian 5 star so not probably as high spec as you would expect but I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Arrived here 21 June for a week's holiday to discover that somewhere along the line the booking for our daughter's single room had been lost. The hotel was fully booked and so they put us into one of their deluxe suites which was truly amazing. Two large double bedrooms, two bathrooms and a huge sitting room all surrounded by a balcony with not just table and chairs but sunbeds also. We were on the sixth floor on a corner so the view was fantastic. The staff were all very friendly, the food at the beach bar was great and the breakfast buffet selection was excellent. We ate one night at the restaurant by the pool which was lovely, very atmospheric overlooking the sea and the sunset. Unlike some other visitors we had no trouble finding sunbeds and a parasol. There are two tiers of terraces just up from the pool which suited us better as there was intermittent dappled shade from the very hot sun and the sunbeds there were never all used. A couple of tips - if you use the bus to go into the Old Town buy tickets from reception where they are slightly cheaper. And if you take the day trip to Montenegro - which is wonderful - take euros with you as they only accept this and a couple of us had trouble getting money from the ATMs there. If you like classical music there are concerts nearly every night in one church or another in the Old Town. They only last about 50 minutes and are a lovely thing to do after a meal and before a nightcap.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After wanting to go to Croatia for 2 years and a many friends recommending to go and stay at Hotel Dubrovnik Palace, we decided to book. We are so pleased that we took our friends advice, the hotel is lovely, the reception staff are very pleasant and helpful, our hotel room was clean and tidy (although I agree with some comments on here that it could do with being updated) and then there was our view...... We have never had such a fantastic view before, photos do not even do it justice!! It was my partners Birthday whilst we was away and after being out for the day, there was a tray and Birthday letter to him and on the plate, was a Birthday cake for him. Lapad beach is lovely, its not a very big beach but perfect for what we wanted. There is a bus right outside the hotel which only takes about 15 minutes to get to Dubrovnik town. The town is great and has lovely little restaurants and bars and I love the little side streets that make it so quirky. We walked around the city wall, although I would recommend going early morning to avoid the heat midday, great photos can be taken here of the surroundings/views around the city wall. We went on the cable cart on the last night at sunset which I was so pleased we did, again the views were just breathtaking up there, once you are up there you can relax at the restaurant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and especially Croatia itself, would love to come back one year.

Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for a week half board and cannot rate the hotel or staff highly enough. Choice of pools or the sea, loads of terraces and beds with as many towels as you could use. We had an excellent room with a fabulous sea view, very good breakfastvwithblots of choice. Would definitely return

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Borehamwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Well 2 years on and this place is still great. I read a recent report that someone was complaining of the cleanliness, I’m just wondering if they were talking about another hotel because it couldn’t have been this one!
The place is spotless; I even watched a maid mopping up the air conditioning condensate from a taxi after it left!
Every member of staff we came across was so helpful and polite and the restaurant staff including the managers came out tops. My wife is on a special diet and every time we entered the restaurant the duty manager would acknowledge our presence and without asking he would fulfil her needs. The room service staff too were so happy, helpful and extremely polite and they seemed genuine.
As I said it was my second visit and I did insist on a room with a full sea view on my first visit the sea view was marred by the numerous trees but this time I just had the one tree which didn’t really spoil the most wonderful view.
One thing I did miss though was the free shuttle bus that used to run between the hotel and the old town. You now have to pay 12 Kuna’s each way to get into town if you buy the ticket from the hotel (15 Kuna’s if you buy your ticket from the driver) I understand the free service stopped soon after my last visit. This is the No.4 bus very clean with nice drivers. Beware of the No.10 bus which will take you from the old town to the nice village of Cavtat, an old vandalised bus with a very unhelpful driver, it picked us up from the cable car station where we were told to wait for it and on the way back it dropped us off at the port and then they wanted to sell us another ticket back to the old town to pick up the No.4 bus again. I think the guest relations at the hotel should have given us a little more info on the return trip, we ended up walking back (3Km in 35 degrees C) as it was probably nearer than getting a bus back into town and back out again, thank goodness for my Smartphone map function. I couldn’t get a refund on my unused tickets so I gave them away. The bus company doesn’t do any favours to the tourist industry on that route, I know this has nothing to do with the hotel but future customers need to be made aware of this.
Apart from the bad bus experience this hotel is a must and I would gladly return one day. The Croatian people we met in Dubrovnik were so friendly and nice and that was a great thing to encounter for a second time. I hope people reading this would give this hotel a try and thank you for reading 

Room Tip: Ask for a clear sea view (without trees)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Dubrovnik Palace? Share your experiences!