A great hotel apart from a few niggles:
1. I prefer a walk- in shower, rather than having to clamber into the bath first.
2. The breakfast was a little disappointing for a 5 star hotel. The juice dispensers were topped up from (long life?) cartons in front of guests. Could jugs be prepared in the kitchens?
The bacon looked very fatty, the sausages looked like small frankfurters and the potatoes were cold. No beans or mushrooms.
On day one my 'vegetarian' omelette was prepared in the same pan and using the same implement as for ham omelettes. Eek! Having pointed this out to the manageress, this was rectified the next day.
The yogurts were a little basic. I prefer creamy Greek yogurt.
I like a pot of coffee rather than to have to keep asking for a top-up.
One long moan? I suppose so, but having stayed in a number of 5
star hotels, I'm offering this as helpful advice so standards can be raised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short distance from Dubrovnik Old Town, situated on the peaceful Lapad peninsula lies the Dubrovnik Palace. Fully renovated in 2014, each of the 308 contemporary rooms and suites all have private balconies and beautiful sea views. Great food and excellent service prevail. During your stay, you will be tempted to try out everything that is on offer: four swimming pools, one of which is indoors, a private beach, tennis courts, fabulous snorkelling and a PADI diving centre, as well as a leafy jogging path and walking routes through the woods behind the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Dubrovnik Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dubrovnik Palace Hotel