“This Hotel needs renovation” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
10% off Wellness & Spa
Ranked #57 of 68 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Sveti Ivan Zelina, Croatia
“This Hotel needs renovation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is totally frozen in time. Still looks like when it was opened. Staff was really frendly, but they were really reckles. Somebody broke bottle of wine in entry area, and they left it on floor for next 1 hour! Entire Hotel was smelling, especially rooms. I was in "park" view - and that was horrible. THATS NOT PARK. You have view to 1.5m od grass filled with litter and stone wall. Bad had broken springs, and pillows were not cleaned. TV wasn't working well. All colors were mixed. And after that - in the morning we didn't have hot water. (and bathroom doesn't have hair dryer instaled). Furniture was scratched and damaged - still original furniture from 60's. Ceiling in bathroom is dirty, and you can see construction and rust reinforcements in concrete. Dinner/breakfast was ok, but kitchen is really slow. There wasn't enought food for all people, and we had to wait about 20 mins to get new food.
After all, this isn't really bad for two star hotel, but price is then too high! Dubrovnik is expensive town, but you really can't charge so much for hotel that looks the same as 30 years ago.

Room Tip: Don't take park view!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I don`t know exactly, how they are given stars a hotel but Adriatic is definetly not a 2-star...
Yes it`s an old hotel in Soviet style,but with a good renovation and with a good administration,hotel deserves 3-stars...and plus, if you add great location with an amazing view,it becomes one of the good hotel in its own class in Dubrovnik...House-keeping was good and helpful,breakfast was good enough,guys in the reception were always smiling and trying to help in any case...shortly,all staff were friendly and they were always greeted...besides very clean hotel,I have to say this.
If you like listening live music in dinner time or after,especialy by the sea with candle lights with a great view,you can plan for one or 2 nights having dinner in hotel near by the main restaurant,we`ve really enjoyed it..
Hotel located not within walking distance to the Old Town,but you can take a bus nr.4 for a 20 min ride to there, the bus stop is right next to the hotel and runs roughly every 15 min..

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Hotel Adriatic, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Madam / Sir,
We thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Your description of our hotel completely matches our goals. We will be pleased if you choose to visit us again.

Kind regards,
poole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

I stayed here from October 1 - 8. When I book accommodation, I tend to find somewhere cheap, as all I want is somewhere clean to lay my head at night, as I normally dive while on holiday. I always find a dive shop first, then I look for a nearby reasonably priced hotel.
I got to the hotel just gone 22:00. I advised them I would be arriving latish. I was on a 1/2 board tariff. Edin was on duty when I got there. He was very helpful and friendly. As I was on 1/2 board, I had a packed lunch type bag left for me. Edin sheepishly handed over to me. I said to him, I was very grateful for it. After all I did turn up after dinner had been served.
As for the other staff at reception, I found them all to be very friendly and helpful. I was always greeted with a cheerie good morning, hello or good evening. The other staff were also very friendly.
As everyone else says, the hotel is dated, but it's clean. My bed was very comfortable.
The shower was lovely and powerful, and you got hot water in an instance.
Breakfast was adequate for me, but I don't go for a full English, I prefer a Continental breakfast. So if you want a full English, you will be let down, but don't forget you are in Europe.
Dinner was fine and a fairly good choice. Again don't expect the Ritz. For the price you pay, it's good value.
If you are glued to your smart phone,tablet or laptop, and want internet access, this can only be got in reception. Again for me I checked for emails of an evening before dinner, in reception. There were 2 evenings when it dropped. This was not a problem to the staff who were on reception, they happily went to check the router.
If you were not fit at the start of your holiday, you will be by the end, as everyone says, there is no lift. I wasn't worried about this. I walk everywhere anyway.
If you are a walker, the walk to the old town took me about 40 -45 minutes. I have short little legs, plus I stopped a few times for picture taking. If you are a diver like me, the dive centre, is about an 8 minute walk.
The hotel is on the Lapad peninsular. It's very peaceful here, with very little traffic. After 5 days solely spent on the peninsular diving, I walked to Pile Gate. Een though it wasn't overly busy, it seemed it after being on Lapad.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Returned from a 4-nights stay I feel very fine about Hotel Adriatic - well, it is a 2-star Hotel and there are some improvements to be done - but it is clean and basic...
The location could not be better with a stunning view over the bay, a short walk to a nice, small beach and with bars and restaurants nearby.
Bus to Dubrovnik stops just outside the hotel. (About every 20 min.)
A basic breakfast is served in a separate building across the road, (No fear - low traffic)
Real problems are few - but you need strong legs - it is a 3-floor building with no lift!

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with a balcony and sea-view! Try to get a Room with twin-beds if you are not too fam...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, Manager at Hotel Adriatic, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Dear Madam / Sir,
Thank you for being our guests.
Also we thank you for your compliments about our location, cleanliness and hotel staff.
Kindest regards.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

I wasn’t sure what to expect with this hotel given some rather negative reviews online; it turns out that it was better than described. The hotel is located in Lapad, and overlooks a beautiful bay with mountains in the distance. Because it is located on a stretch of road with only other hotels and residences, it feels quite tranquil, and could qualify as a sort of resort destination. There is a pebble beach just down the steps from the hotel. It is not actually within walking distance to the Old Town of Dubrovnik; for that, you’d have to take bus #4 for a 15-20min ride to Pile Gate; the bus stop is right next to the hotel and runs roughly every 15min. I was placed in a double room on the second floor with sea-side view, which means that the glass door opens to a balcony overlooking the bay, complete with 2 chairs and a table. It was incredible to wake up to that view of pristine blue waters every morning. Inside the room are a double bed (really 2 singles pushed together), CRT TV, air conditioning unit, a chair, ottoman, and built-in wardrobe. It is immediately apparent that the room and furnishings are quite old, worn, and well-scratched; mattress is also too soft from age. There is only 1 free electrical outlet in the room, which is already being used by the TV. The bathroom appears to be a bit newer than the actual room; toiletries are supplied in small packets. I found the room overall to be clean, but a spotless standard would be difficult given that it’s perhaps 10 years past due for a renovation. Breakfast was inclusive in the room rate, and across the street from the hotel; I was surprised to find a large banquet hall space with floor to ceiling windows looking over the sea, and can easily accommodate a hundred people (so no queuing needed in the morning). The breakfast was unexpectedly good, and is your typical continental offering of cold cuts, cheese, bread, cereal; hot items include scrambled and boiled eggs, as well as frankfurters; even cakes and yogurt cups were available. Wifi is only available in the lobby and restaurant; although I was able to find the signal in my room, it was really unusable. Reception is efficient and not overly friendly, the exception being Edin who is quite a jovial character. Overall, I had a really enjoyable 3 night stay here, and would recommend it so long as you’re not looking too closely at its worn spots.

Room Tip: Pay more for the beach-facing views; waking up to those pristine blue waters and mountain range in t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Madam / Sir,
It is a great pleasure to read such a lovely comments about our hotel and Dubrovnik.
We will be pleased if you choose to visit us again.

Kind regards,
Boras, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

You get what you pay for. 3 star rating because of the location and for the clean rooms. Beds made daily and towels replaced. bus stop yo Old town is " on the stairs" of the hotel.Staff was nice and friendly, especially Lady in the bar.This hotel is perfect for tourist who needs some place to sleep and freshing up. Good value for the money. But not for those who's looking for luxury.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Madam / Sir,
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We are pleased that you were satisfied with “value for money” and we are sure that we fully meet the guests needs when it comes to comfort, cleanliness and price.

Best regards,
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

Second trip to this beautiful part of the world. Was here back in May (2014) and stayed in luxury at the Grand Hotel Park ( see previous review by me). So this time a budget low cost trip holidaying alone. Hence why I went cheap,

HOTEL: it's a two star so if you want luxury you ain't gonna get it! So if you need a clean and friendly place to lay your head and have a shower in simple surroundings this is your place! I paid £210 for seven nights with breakfast...bargain!
I stayed in the real budget rooms In The annexe which is next door to the main hotel. It's true that this is a popular hotel with backpackers and groups of college kids from around the world and they seem to all stay in the annexe! So if you don't want to hear loud laughter and shrill screams all day long it's not for you! They are just kids!
The room was very very basic as in bed and few bits of furniture, but all clean and tidy none the less. The whole place is in need of updating and decorating but it's fine for a busy tourist.
If you rely heavily on your wifi everywhere you go this will be frustrating for you here as no wifi in any rooms so you have to keep popping to reception to use this.
No lifts anywhere so be ready to lug your bag up 7 flights if you are on the 3rd floor. Pretty tricky for a 5 feet 2 little lady like me!
It's location is breathtaking, beach across the road, sunbeds are about £3.50 per day. Scenery is stunning.
STAFF: well it's true to say as others have they are a bit grumpy but my advice is smile loads at them and they soften! I think it's very typical of the culture. Their English is good and they will help you if they can. The lady at the bar is so sweet and will always welcome you. Cleaners do a good job given they have really dodgy rooms to try and make up!

FOOD: again...it's 2 star. The breakfast is the same every single day, a basic buffet of drinks, cereals, yoghurt, breads, jams, very cold and rubbery scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, cold meats, frankfurter sausages and some nice little sweet cakes. It was fine for me, it kept me going most of the day!

I paid once for the evening Buffett dinner which is 110 kuna (around £11) which was varied, local food and really nice. Eat as much as you like. Again, bargain!

The wines and beers general in the hotel and surrounding eating places are dirt cheap against prices in the UK. Half a draught Croatian beer was 0.50kuna (50p!) in one bar I went to! Wines per glass is around £3 but to buy in the supermarket is even cheaper.

Restaurants around will charge you very little for really good food, a great salad with tuna etc was only 40kuna (£4) and the Croatian chefs do amazing stuff with pork.

In terms of timing having been here at the start and end if season I had sun each time, so good time to go as much less busy apparently. Wouldn't go in the peak season.
See my last review for more about places to go etc.

To sum up. This hotel is perfect if you are not ....fussy, or looking for luxury,. It's good value for the money.

Room Tip: Try and get a balcony room at the from and don't stay in the annexe if you can help it!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Madam / Sir,
Your detailed description of our hotel is truly amazing. We are thankful for the many positive comments you indicated in your review which will surely be useful to other potential guests.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Adriatic? Share your experiences!