We stayed at villa dubrovnik for four nights in June. The hotel is no doubt beautiful with incredible views. The complementary boat shuttle was perfect and sets it apart from other hotels. The staff is very nice. We also had a tasting menu dinner at restaurant Pjerin and generally the food was not bad, except a bit on the pricey side. There are, however, several design and service flaws that I'd like to point out that I don't think other reviewers have:
Design flaws which I am not sure can be changed:
1. The shower pressure is uncomfortably low. The shower head is very small so every time one showers, it takes a long time to clean because of the small shower head. Additionally, since the glass doors are only half covering the tub, it gets cold even when in the shower. I understand the whole minimalist design but just not practical. Wish the rooms have rainfall shower heads like all the other hotels we stayed at in Croatia and like the ones near the pool.
2. The TV in front of the bed is just strangely located.
3. The do not disturb and please clean functions disappear if your key card somehow is removed when you leave the hotel room. While the concept of just pressing a button inside the room is smart, it sometimes does not do the trick.
4. The bed is really hard. I understand that European beds tend to be on the harder side, but all the hotels we stayed at in Croatia which are of equal quality as Villa Dubrovnik had much softer beds.
1. The balcony ceiling leaked the first day we were there. We noticed that the area has had been patched before. We informed the staff and they told us they would fix it, but it still leaked the following days.
2. The housekeeping staff took away our towels and our slippers during different days without replacing with new ones,
3. Around 8 guests were waiting at the old town pier for the boat to come pick us up back to the hotel. At around 9:10 when the boat arrived, the staff member kept moving the boat and trying to keep the boat close to shore, and all the guests thought he was trying to move the boat close to shore since he didn't talk to anyone. Then, at 9:20 pm, the staff steered the boat away until one of the guests started yelling for him to come back. When he did, the boat staff member was asking why we didn't say anything. However, all the guests thought he was just fixing the boat and did not even acknowledge us.
4. On another day, when we arrived back by boat to the hotel at 9:25 pm, the gate back to the hotel was locked. There were still at least two boats arriving after and we had no idea why the staff would lock the door so early. A teenager guest had to climb through the rocks into the hotel and had to find a staff member to help us unlock the door.
Choose a higher floor so your view is not obstructed by trees, but please note that there may be cei...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
First of all I would like to thank you for sending your comments. We appreciate each comment because it gives us direction how to be even better and satisfied all our guests’ needs.
Regarding the design flows I really believe that these things are subjective manner because of different quests and their preferences.
Majority of our quest love the setting of TV, love our beds and generally all that hotel and rooms offers in terms of design. In construction phase we putted a lot’s of effort in it and we are improving it every day in order to keep satisfaction of our guests.
As per the button function inside the room , Smart room function, all of them are electronic and connected with the adequate department. At that moment , the lighting on the Smart Room button in your room disappear and adequate department is on the way deliver requested services. We immediately checked our system and everything was in correct order.
We did mistake during the turn-down service when we didn’t replace you towels and sleepers, but we act immediately in the morning and replaced with the new one.
The quality of service is very important to us and that is the reason why we offer the Housekeeping service 24/7 . We would like that you have contacted us immediately when such situation occurred in order to improve it straight away and not waiting for next day to report it.
Regarding the door on the beach , close to the pier , we close them due to the safety and security reasons when the boat is not running.
For that specific date, the doors were closed earlier by our fault, because due to the bad weather the boat was not running for few days.
I believe you understand all circumstance and our aim to provide the best of the best at each moment to everyone.
We are all looking forward to your next visit and opportunity to provide you with our service experience .
With my best regards,
Mirna Loncar Strazicic
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.