“Fantastic hotel for family fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valamar Club Dubrovnik

You added Valamar Club Dubrovnik to your Saves list
Valamar Club Dubrovnik
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Iva Dulcica 38 | on the Babin Kuk peninsula, Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia   |
Ranked #32 of 70 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel for family fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Pros- cool location, nice views, perfect pool, lovely food and fantastic 'animation team' . Its a perfect value for money.

Its on the outskirts of the city but every 10-15 mins there is a public transport bus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your nice comment on Tripadvisor. It makes me really happy to read you have enjoyed your stay in Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel. I hope that you will choose us for your next stay in Dubrovnik. In the meantime, please receive my best regards.
Saša Vasiljevic
Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubrovnik, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was the best summer i have ever had.Special thanks to animation team,they where awesome,i love their night shows,especially that great musical "We will rock you".I will definitely get back next year because of them.Daily program was very good,special thanks to Magdalena,she is great in doing aqua aerobics and work out in the morning.Food is very good and staff are very kind.Rooms are clean and pool is beautifull.I have been all over the world,but i have never seen such a great atmosphere in hotel.Greetings to animation team,they are maybe the best team i have ever seen in my life,i love them and their positive vibration.Keep the good work!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor about your recent stay in Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel.

We are delighted to read your great review and we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for emphasizing the animation team and their effort. They are group of young but very responsible people and your words mean a lot as the confirmation of their good work.
Your feedback is already passed forward to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of motivation for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel on your next trip to Dubrovnik.

Kind regards,

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed for eleven nights with our two children aged 9 and 7 years..And I cannot praise the animation team enough..there was maro club for my daughter which she looked forward to every day and the girls really made my little girl feel special and always had time for her..and for my son Antonio and mario kept him very busy every day with activities in the morning and afternoon.
I cannot praise the animation team enough and they really made the kids holiday while putting on great shows in the evening.
The food is varied though sometimes had to queue for pizza.
We had a wonderful holiday and would highly recommend to anyone with a young family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
On behalf of hotel staff and me personally, I would like to thank you for these kind about hotel and our service. It has filled us with a lot of energy to continue developing a better service. Your remark on Tripadvisor is truly the best recommendation of our hotel to all travelers
We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Dubrovnik
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We spent an enjoyable week here as a young couple on the All Inclusive Light package.

Hotel – Situated in a quiet location with fantastic views of the Riviera and occasional passing cruise liners. Buses run every 10 mins from outside the hotel grounds to Dubrovnik Old Town, take around 20 mins and cost around £1.50. Late buses do run after midnight, we spent a couple of nights in Dubrovnik until 2am and got back no problem.

Rooms – Extremely clean and serviced daily. The beds were good and air conditioning was a huge bonus. I do think it is worth paying a little extra for a sea view although some of the inland rooms at the side of the hotel also partially look out to the sea.

Pool Area – Very big pool which is never too busy. There are plenty of sunbeds but just as many selfish guests so be prepared to get up early to reserve some. Pool bar serves drinks and snacks all day at reasonable prices. The animation team do a great job in organising many activities throughout the day for more active guests.

Meals – No question that “All Inclusive Light” was great value for money and the food was good quality and varied. However, if you do enjoy a more intimate dining experience then be warned that the atmosphere is more canteen than fine-dining. Meal times are scheduled (2 hour slots for breakfast, lunch and dinner) so if you like going at your own pace on holiday be prepared to miss a few meals or pay extra for food and drink outwith these time slots.

All in all, this was a great base to see a beautiful country. Admittedly, it is aimed more at families looking for value and lots of entertainment but we still had a relaxing break doing our own thing. We would definitely consider returning but more likely for Self Catering so that we could enjoy more relaxed and romantic meal times. This is more a personal preference though and in no way a criticism of a good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Allow me to express my gratitude regarding your nice words about your recent stay in Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel. We feel proud for covering your expectations and we will continue working towards continuous improvements.
Your review is the best invitation for our future guests to come and reveal our hotel as the best choice for their holidays.
I truly hope we will be able to host you again on your next trip to Dubrovnik.
In the meantime, please receive my kind regards.
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there're for 7 days with two kids, one 4 yo and one 6m. Generally speaking it is a great family resort, both on hardware and software. The hotel is comfortable, with elevator and slide path for prams everywhere. There is a animation teem keeps the guests, mainly kids entertained. My daughter loved kids club and mini disco. Buffet was quite good, in fact rather healthy choice..we even had chance playing organized beach volleyball by taking turns with kid. Pool is nice, the nearby beach is not too kids friendly just like the whole region, many congregate,stones hurt feet both on plage also in the water, too crowded. In fact, we prefer the beach in valamar president hotel which is not far. There is no well being center neither beauty service which is a shame, but there is a lady doing massage next to the pool. All staff are quite friendly with smiles and tried to cater for our needs, such as lending an adapter for baby cook machine, give some cleaning products for bottles, and even giving raw veggie for baby cook. We later also stayed at a four star resort in Montenegro, whose service is way worse than valamar..there is a babysitting service but the price is astonishing even by Swiss standards, around 22 euro an hour, we used a few nights, the lady was quite good though.
The only downside is that the noise, the animation team is great and there is a show every night, till 1130pm....we paid extra to get a sea view room which made us closer to the stage which is right next to the pool, so there are always a lot of noise during day and night, mostly are fine because I do understand that people are on holiday and would like to have some fun at night. The sound was quite loud, I put op with it until the sat night, which the resort hold a pool party and decided to open to all public, they played very loud pop music with heavy beat, my head was bumping in the room, kids keep waking up, till mid night I called reception to complain but the guy Said he couldn't do much...finally I showed up at the front desk and the guy took me to the stage and directed to the manager. She could indeed tried to be friendlier, she claimed no one ever complained about it which i think its a lie. and they have always doing it..I mean it has been understandable till today, it is a family resort, but loud music over probably 60-80 in the room, and the guests who pay for theroom can not sleep because the public were having a party, if it is a club I have no problem even it is till 7 am, but it is a resort catering for families, I don't think it is proper, rather than giving any solution or explanation, she suggested me change room to the back side of the hotel the next day.. That was a very unfriendly and bad experience. But apart from it, our stay was rather good. I would recommend for families who visit dubronik.

• Stayed July 2013
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I thank you very much for staying in our hotel. Your comments are of tremendous importance to us, because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services, and they provide us with objectives and directions towards continual improvements. Thank you for your nice words and allow me to say I feel sorry we didn’t completely meet your expectations in the matter you comment to us. Beside the intention to find the best solution for your inconvenience, I ensure you; it was no one intention to be impolite.
We took this really seriously and we have immediately added the point into our training-program in order to develop our service quality and courtesy up to your total satisfaction and we hope the next time, if you give us opportunity, we will meet your expectation entirely.

My best regards
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had a great time at this hotel. The staff were all really friendly and I thought the facilities were good. The rooms were tired looking but were adequate for our needs. The food got a little repetitive but was always tasty. We were there in high season so we had to queue often at meal times especially for Pizzas, drinks and pancakes at breakfast. We also had to get up early for sun loungers. Drinks at the bar were on the expensive side.

All in all though we had a great time and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Allow me to thank you for taking time to share your impressions with other travelers, regarding your recent stay in Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel. It is really a pleasure to read you had a nice time and that everything was to your satisfaction.
Saša Vasiljevic
Kaluga, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The general impression of the hotel is very positive:

Location: the hotel is rather far from the Old Town however you can easily go there by bus. The only disadvantage is that if you intend to stay in the centre till the midnight or later you will have to go back by taxi.

Rooms: my room was absolutely ok, I was especially glad about perfect air conditioning, everyday cleaning and towels changing. Also the room had a balcony and safe which was very handy.

Territory: the hotel area is green, full of trees and flowers. The pool is spacious, multilevel and clean. If you want some 'wild' suntan and bathing there is also quite a nice beach 150m from the hotel.

Stuff: personnel are really polite and helpful.

Wi-Fi: you can find out that the WI-Fi signal is very weak in the rooms.

Meals: as a vegetarian I was satisfied with the variety and quality of the food. A person with more traditional tastes (my friend) loved the hotel cuisine as well.

Entertainment: during the daytime you can participate in a wide range of sports and fitness activities including tennis, petanque, beach volleyball, stretching and aqua aerobics.

Almost every evening the high-skilled team of animators perform diffrerent shows on the stage however personally I would prefer to have more simple parties with a DJ and dancing.

Also I was especially impressed by live music conserts of a great band called Nero.

All in all the hotel is more suitable for families with kids than for young and energetic people but anyway the holidays there were really good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sasa V, General Manager at Valamar Club Dubrovnik, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share a nice review about Valamar club Dubrovnik hotel with other travelers. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your vacation and I do hope you will choose our hotel and the next time when you come to Dubrovnik.

My best regards
Saša Vasiljević.

Been to Valamar Club Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!