“Best hotel in Dubrovnik and located in the best area !!” 5 of 5 stars

Grand Villa Argentina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Frana Supila 14, Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia   |
Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Providence, Rhode Island
“Best hotel in Dubrovnik and located in the best area !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed in The Grand Villa Argentina years ago and I am sorry for not reviewing this sooner. This property when I stayed was wonderful. I went with a group of 19 people and we had a few rooms blocked. I loved that the property really was steps away from the city of Dubrovnik. The ocean views AMAZING it is quiet, elegant and just a charming hotel. That I fully recommend. I am a travel Agent and have had people go to Dubrovnik always recommend this property and they come back raving on the service, the location and the spectacular ocean view. The bar is very nice good pricing and the bartenders were amazing! Also the restaurant had amazing quality food that I was delicious! Please go to this property you will love it . I know I did and so have my clients!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Guest_Relations_ALH, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Villa Argentina, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Mrs. Solarte87,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write such nice review about our hotel.
We are very glad to see that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at The Grand Villa Argentina for a week in September i had bought this holiday for my mum as a treat to celebrate her big birthday! I have to say i thought the hotel was absolutely brilliant they have really made the most of being perched on a hill, amazing views/scenery.
The room was very clean & comfortable ours was overlooking the lovely garden's and nice and quiet,
We found the staff always helpful and friendly, the staff by the pools always willing to help carry sunbeds etc, nothing seemed too much trouble for them.
The breakfast options were plentiful and replenished regularly.
The hotel is in a great location for walking to the centre although a bit of a steep hill coming back from the town for anyone bad on their pins.
Some might say the decor in this hotel is dated in certain areas others might say it's of classic style.
Although we did very much enjoy our stay and i have no complaints i wouldn't say it was 5* but i would definitely stay there again and recommend.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room on the front of hotel it's too noisy,we slept there for one night due to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrs. Tilly038,

Thank you for stayin in Grand Villa Argentina and writing review about our hotel!
We are very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our facilities.
Sincerely we hope that you will be our guest again.

zurich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is remodeled in parts but still has that feeling on being locked in the 1950s in the public spaces. But my room was comfortable and clean, and had a direct view of the old town - which is only about a 10 minute walk.

I stayed in the separate villa, which was nice except it had no elevator and I was on the 4th floor, it was quite a trudge back to the room each night, especially after walking Dubrovnik's many hills, steps and cobblestone streets.

The hotel had a nice waterfront, with many beach chairs and its own pool as well as the sea, which is gin-clear and stunning. The hotel bar had nice drinks but quite overpriced compared to in town prices, and the service was appalling the day we had lunch at the pool bar - messed up, mixed up and forgotten order (from a group of 9 people, come on!) and average food. I'd suggest skipping meals at the hotel and going into town. They do have a nice breakfast buffet however.

The hotel staff were nice and all spoke great English. Overall a slightly dated hotel but great location and very much 'authentic Dubrovnik' instead of a chain hotel.

Room Tip: If you are older, unfit or simply don't like stairs, avoid all but the ground floor of the villa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Grand Villa Argentina for your vacation and for taking time to write such detaild review.
Thank you for dividing and writing all things you liked and disliked, we will take all of them into consideration.
We hope you will come and be our guest again and enjoy even more next time.

home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending two nights here in September. I was fortunate enough to have a beautiful room on the top floor facing the Adriatic Sea. The views were spectacular. The room was spacious, modern, clean and comfortable. The outdoor gardens and pool area were so relaxing. I had a wonderful swim in the sea and soaked up the sun by the pool. There is also a nice indoor pool and hot tub. The location of the hotel is on the southern side of Dubrovnik so there isn't all of the noise, traffic and congestion that can a little overwhelming on the north side of the city. The hotel is just a short walk to the old walled city. The staff were relatively polite and helpful. However I think this is the one area that there could be some improvement. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and the outdoor terrace eating area is very beautiful and relaxing. I would highly recommend the Argentina for anyone visiting Dubrovnik!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a top floor room facing the Adriatic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Bobca1947,

Thank you for taking your time and writing review about our hotel!
We are glad that you spent nice holidays in our hotel and that you were satisfied with our staff and services offered.
As you wrote that you would come back again we would be more than happy to welcome you.

uttoxeter
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great location but 5 star it is not. The bedroom was nice but not to 5 star standard the bedroom furniture looked like it had come from MFI. The breakfast was poor in my opinion with little choice and the same every day. The pool area is nice and with a fantastic view of the old town. The staff are very nice and very helpful. I would not stay at this hotel again I have stayed in better 3 star hotels in Europe. I would recommend not eating at this hotel you will find a great choice of restaurants in the old town.

Room Tip: Get sea view room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Tony M,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and writing review.
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but we will take all your comments into consideration.

Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Grand Villa Argentina for a week. The location is excellent - just a short walk to the old city, and situated in an absolutely beautiful setting. The rooms were pretty good sized and the breakfast buffet was very plentiful. The service and attitudes of the employees were a different story though. When I arrived to check in I was the only customer at the counter. Three employees were behind the counter and didn't bother to even acknowledge that I was standing right in front of them. I waited several minutes to see if I would be greeted (or at least acknowledged), but I wasn't. I actually had to ask if I could check in before one of the employees begrudgingly decided to do their job. I have never gotten that terrible of a reception at a hotel. Any time I stopped by the front desk to ask for directions or advice on sightseeing or restaurants I was treated like I was being such a bother. They would answer my questions with as few words as possible as if they were trying to get rid of me. For this type of hotel this kind of behavior is just unacceptable. The employees working the breakfast room however were super friendly and helpful. I don't know what went wrong with the front desk crew.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a sea view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mrs. Sarah1005,

Thank you for choosing Grand Villa Argentina and writing review about our hotel!
We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our service, thank you for giving all comments which we will take into consideration.
In the end we hope that you will visit us again!

Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

stayed 3 nights at the Argentina hotel - excellent service and great views. very close to the centre and would fully recommend. Breakfast was substantial with choices. Would return. Only improvement would be to the indoor pool and spa area which was a little uninviting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Peawack_9,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and writing such a nice review!
We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with our staff and facilities.
Thank you for reccomending us and we hope that you will be our guest again.

Best Regards,

Been to Grand Villa Argentina? Share your experiences!