We decided on this hotel due to its vicinity to the Dubrovnik old town gates, yet being just outside the epicentre enough to be peaceful. Also this complex has its own beach, pools etc. We made sure we had a room in the original Villa Argentina as this place has seemingly 4-5 parts to it. However all seemed in hindsight to have their pros and slight cons, but we were overall satisfied with our room choice. The room on floor 5 is actually one floor down from the street, reception is on floor 6, as this hotel is on a steep hillside overlooking the glorious Adriatic Sea and its turquoise water and the glamorous boats and ships floating by to or from the old town of this beautiful town.
The hotel's front desk staff were a bit stiff as seems to be the case with many service industry staff here. However the beach attendants, beach restaurant and cocktail bar staff we all helpful and more friendly.
Breakfast is varied and generous, including sparkling wine in the buffet........ A bit tempting! Not much to fault there.
The private beach, pool by the sea, The sunlounger terraces by the sea were all great and well served by staff. Do try o get to your sun lounger preferred location early though, we found that by 9am was enough to get a good location most days. Annoyingly though, the hotel do allow the stereotype of people booking their loungers with towels early morning.
The room was generous, similarly the bathroom, and the style was classical better class hotel. Good facilities incl. tv with plenty channels, minibar, good views, big bed, air con (though on 35 deg. C days the aircon felt a bit inadequate), clean and well serviced by housekeeping daily.
The trip to old town on foot was 10 minutes, so close enough. The views along the way were also great, as they were from the sun terraces.
The cocktail bar at Victoria Lounge in the hotel, and its restaurant outside on the beautiful high terrace, were wonderful. Cocktails every day on happy hours 6-8.30pm!
Overall, we give this a warm recommendation and 4 out of 5. A bit more effort would give it 5!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Villa Argentina is Dubrovnik’s traditional luxury address, combining exclusivity and attention to detail with spectacular views of the sea, backdropped by pine tree-clad mountains. This five-star hotel in Dubrovnik has a regal, old-world charm. Just minutes from the Old Town, it has been an exclusive enclave in the city for nearly 60 years. Sitting on a steep cliffside, leading down to the sea, the views of the Adriatic stretch from the island of Lokrum round to the old harbour of Dubrovnik. As soon as you walk into the hotel reception, the incredible scenery stops you in your tracks. Lush gardens, with stone fences and secluded corners in which to sit, are filled with lemon, wild orange, rosemary, lavender and bay leaf plants – the flavours of a Mediterranean kitchen. Whether you’re sunbathing on the private beach, with its seaside pool, dining on the restaurant terraces or quietly reading your book in the gardens, spectacular scenery follows you wherever you go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Grand Villa Argentina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Villa Argentina Hotel Dubrovnik
- Grand Hotel Argentina
- Grand Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Argentina Dubrovnik
- Villa Argentina Dubrovnik