“Truly a grand hotel in this coastal city of Croatia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Park

You added Grand Hotel Park to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Setaliste Kralja Zvonimira 39, Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia   |
Ranked #29 of 69 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Truly a grand hotel in this coastal city of Croatia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

On our east European tour, we found this hotel as most comfortable situated in scenic surroundings and close to the beautiful beaches of this tourist centre.
The hotel is clean, comfortable and comfortable.
The breakfast spread was lavish with a variety of dishes. We are vegetarian and we found more than enough for our needs.
City bus is a convenient and economic mode of transport to the Dubrovnik Fort, the main tourist attraction of the city. The bust station is close to the hotel, a three minute walk.

Room Tip: Front row rooms provide a good view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is your hotel if you want to see Dubrovnik city(bus stop is near) and walk around the area. The hotel beach wasn't very good because it was really rocky and we had to pay for the sunbeds and for the sunshades(in case if you wanted to open them..) Luckily hotel's pool area was nice. I also liked the hotel gym. Small but functional. Inside pool plus jacuzzi were nice extra!
There was this nice street full of restaurants, little shops and bars(they didn't make any disruptive noise) just next to the hotel. Big plus if you don't have full board(like we didn't have). I can totally recommend this hotel. Not a bad choise for a short trip if the hotel is not your holiday's key.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lisburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent hotel in a great location for beach and a few minutes walk to local bus stop for connection to the old city. Accommodation & facilities great for families & older people, Staff really friendly and most speak good english.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have just returned from the most amazing holiday made all the more special by this fantastic hotel. I was abit dubious over some of the reviews and also what such a good deal we had booked but this holiday & hotel far exceeded my expectations. I would not hesitate in returning back and would recommend to anyone. The location is fantastic. Literally a 5 minute walk to the beach with beautiful views and bars overlooking the sea. A must do is the cave bar ( a further 5 minute walk to the right of the beach ) with beautiful sunset views. There is a beautiful promenade street with a wide selection of bars ( once again a five minute walk with outdoor seating and garden swings to sit & relax ) the journey into dubrovnik is so easy by bus. Only a 10/15 minute journey stopping at pile gate ( entrance to the town ) the food at the hotel was amazing. There was not one night out of the 7 nights that dinners were repeated on the buffet style selection. We also booked day tours and I would recommend elite tours ( on a stand on the promenade - thank you to Lara who sold them to us. Once again, abit dubious buying off the street, but we had 4 day tours - all made such amazing holiday memories. We had a very nice air conditioned minibus with only 8 seats so everyone all mixed and had a laugh together. The drivers were amazing. They didn't stop talking/providing info/ answering questions the whole journey. We did the elpaphite 3 island trip- stunning & included the best cooked fish I have ever tasted ( we got a free Panasonic boat trip on a seperate day, stopping in at old town harbour) we also booked the Bosnia day trip visiting mosta ( well worth a visit) korchula - a stunning island and finally Montenegro . All trips were amazing. We pre booked a game of thrones tour before we travelled in this country and is a must for any fan ( through via tour). The guide had been an extra in the series & was so passionate. A lot of steps but I had a knee injury but no one in the party was rushed in any way. All in all one of the best holidays I have had.

Room Tip: We had a room in a seperate annexe which was lovely. I had hear from another traveller the views fro...
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Four of us (two adult couples) stayed here for a week on half board. We found the public areas of the hotel to be bright and clean and modern. The rooms are also set up to be modern in appearance but there is some wear in places ( plug socket coming away from wall ). The shower was great and the beds very comfortable. The room was very clean when we arrived and the bed sheets were changes half way through the week so that was good. The daily maid did clean the room but not very well - hairs, dust other bits could still be seen on the floor.
We found the bright modern appearance of the large dining room great, unlike some other reviewers. The food was good, not the most varied I have ever seen, but still good and something for everyone. Staff at the hotel are also friendly which is more than can be said for some shop assistants and bus drivers.
The hotel is well located for local bars, walks and the beach and there was even a professional tennis tournament on at the tennis club yards from the hotel so we saw some good tennis for free.

Dubrovnik old town is no more than an 8 minute bus ride away and the public transport links are excellent.

Tip - Make sure you visit Cavtat whilst there - its a small resort about a 45 boat ride across the bay. Very Pretty. Also walk the coastal path near the hotel and see the Cave Bar and some superb 5 star hotels with views to die for.

Overall, a good hotel providing a great base for Dubrovnik - we would stay there again when we go back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed for a week at the beginning of October - the weather was not good with lots of rain and little sunshine. The room on the top floor was excellent - as it was at the back the view was of the car park and hills. It was clean and comfy. The buffet style food got a bit tedious towards the end of the holiday and didn't appear to have any local Croatian influence. Also, minor point I know, it gets tiring having to stand up and walk round quite a large area trying to decide what looks best. The free WiFi is good although quite slow in the room and there were few places to sit in the reception area. The Happy Hour is strictly adhered to so beware if you are in a queue at 6.59pm. Good bus service into Dubrovnik.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Visited this hotel 13th-20th October 2013 ... With my partner and 12 yr old daughter.
We stayed in room 214 a side room with a view of the car park ..... Very spacious , not much room to store clothing for 3 people tho,the beds were very uncomfortable .... And the pillows ?!? Well let's just hope these get replaced or next season .... Very very poor !

Bathroom was large and lovely ... Complete with spa bath just a shame when it was installed the put it in the wrong way ! School boy error I think ?

Room were cleaned daily .... In record time .... Well someone came in and emptied the bin wiped the sink .... Then left !!! Floor was swept and washed once ... I dropped an earring one night and got down to look for it .... Huge mistake .... And let's not even talk about what is under the bed !!!!

.... Now there is a mini bar in the room with a few bits and bobs .... We didn't use it instead we walked to top of road and bought bottle of liquor and soft drink there .... I mean why would u pay 30 k for a miniature when a bottle is 90 ?
Any way for 2 days we got no clean glasses ... Cleaner didn't even rinse them out .... So I asked why and was told they were for the minibar ? Was asked if I used the minibar and when I said no was told the glasses were for that ! I then asked for clean ones ? For the minibar she asked ? No for my own drink I said ? Ok I got them 'eventually' but seriously should I have had to ask ? I gave my room number and requested I have clean glasses each day and I got them apart from 1 day .... So if in doubt ask !

Pool area as noted in previous comments was untidy .. Dirty glasses empty bottles just not nice and the worst bit was the stench at the indoor pool .... I couldn't even walk through it sometimes as the smell was sooooooooo bad !

Food was ok .... Lukewarm most of the time but I guess that's the buffet style , breakfast was the best ....

Did a happy hour each night which was good value but the air con was OTT it was freezing !

Visited the spa for a pedicure ... The most expensive one ... Terrible so not worth it !

.... And there was NO entertainment .... Fella playing piano and 3 amigos during dinner one night ... Poor show !

Personally I think all these issues were due to it was almost end of season ?
..... And if not the come on wake up its so easily rectified !! Could be a fab hotel .....

Visit the cave bar it is amazing ...

take bug spray or bands it was heaving especially at night .... Lot of people with bites going about !

Few nice bars / cafés around but again place quiet and most closed for season.

Dubrovnik the city was lovely one bit of advice wear comfy shoes ! I didn't and got blisters ...

We did the wine tour with Thomson ... Great day but I just don't get why it's starts so late in afternoon which meant we were driving and visiting in the dark ! Madness !

The tour guide ... Sorry don't recall his name ... Not good ... Informative yeh but I don't enjoy people who laugh at their own jokes ... Especially when they ain't funny !
It was just such hard work .... I don't need to sing the Croatian national anthem on the bus just let me look at the scenery ? Oh no couldn't do that it was pitch dark ! However good day !

.. Thomson rep at hotel Diana was lovely , such a nice young lady who was honest , just a genuine person .... One of the best we ever had in all our holidays ❤️

All in a good holiday , nice enough hotel but needs a good clean and a bit more fun injecting into it .... My 12 yr old was bored out of her mind .... As was at times !

Would I return .... Sure but not to this hotel ....

I would say 3 could do so much better

Room Tip: Our room 214 was lovely and large nice big bathroom .... View of car park ?!? Well I don't go on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hotel Park? Share your experiences!