Spent 3 days in Dubrovnik in this hotel and this is the last time ill stay there. Dubrovnik has so much more to offer, and there are other hotels that will treat you like a king and queen for this kind of money.
View from this hotel is amazing. You can look at direction of old Dubrovnik city core 10 times per day and youll sigh every time and reach for your camera. It takes 10 min of slow walk to get to the city. This is where good things end...
Issues ( I hope someone from the hotel management will read this because they have serious problems with staff ):
- Staff is unfriendly, i was at the reception 3 times and there were 3 or 4 staff members standing there and nobody said hello. Staff is passing by you on the halls or in the bar and they will not say hello. Maybe i am x-men and i can be invisible. Also when i arrived and parked in front of the hotel i said hello to the valet guy and he didnt respond.
- If you have room on the 4th floor, you need to take elevator in the lobby, go to the 3rd floor, exit there, take the long hall to the 2nd elevator and then go to the 4th floor. ( no, i am not joking )
- room is undersized for 5 star hotel, nevertheless type of the room. Even cheapest room in 5 star hotel cannot be so small. There are no photos of rooms like this on the hotels website.
- furniture is old and shabby, decorations and furniture are not consistant and not nice, as if they were put together from scraps, Tony Stark did better job using scraps in the cave...
- bathroom has no shower side so water splashes all over the bathroom even when you stand in that small corner, bathroom gets flooded very soon.
- there are no amenities in the room beside very expensive minibar
- carpets and walls in the room and in the halls are damaged on too many places
- restaurant buffet offer is poor and bad quality
- if you want fried eggs you need to order them from the waitor and then you wait and wait, how long does it take to fry an egg?
I love Dubrovnik and have stayed there many times in other hotels. This one will never see me again. I understand this review will look as very negative but this is what happens when you have 5 star hotel booked and you experience something pathetic like i did.
Im giving this hotel poor rating and if it was 4 stars i would rate it average, and if it was 3 stars i would rate it as excellent.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Dubrovnik reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Excelsior And Spa
- Excelsior Hotel Dubrovnik