We had a week's holiday at the President in July, we had read previous reviews and were hoping for a high floor room with beach views from the balcony, so when we arrived and were given room 215, on the left hand side of the lift, which had no view when sitting down on the balcony, as the roof of each room is covered in grass and high palms etc, I was disappointed. But I soon realised how quiet and peaceful this end of the hotel was. I had the best 7 nights sleep that I have ever had in a hotel! Also when you stood up you had a lovely view of the Elphati Islands.
The hotel is about 4 miles away from the walled city of Dubrovnik, but this is no problem as the bus is just outside so you can have the best of both worlds. Relaxing, quiet area or vibrant city. We ate in the restaurant area on four evenings, the buffet style meal at 20 euros each was excellent, just the fact that there were hardly any people there made it seem flat with no atmosphere. There were 3 lady chefs there cooking fresh pasta, desserts, fish all to order, a shame that it's not used more, we assumed people were eating in the old town. Breakfast was quite the extreme. both inside and the balcony outside was full. Wonderful choice of hot and cold food and fruit piled high. Very pleasant staff too.
Another plus for the President is it's location onto it's own private beach. This, and it's views secured our choosing it as our choice of hotel. The sunbeds were of good quality and more plentiful than any hotel that I have ever stayed at, whatever time you arrived at the beach. The beach is made of pebbles and it's a bit rocky to get down into the sea so beach shoes are a must. The sea is clear and beautiful.
There is also an indoor pool and Jacuzzi with a sunbathing terrace on the 5th floor. We didn't use this as the weather was so good. All sunbeds and towels are free of charge. We were even allowed to take their towels on a 3 island cruise day when we were picked up outside the hotel jetty by an independent company!
The evening entertainment is virtually non existant, one evening a pianist in the lounge bar and on the last night a group of Croatian men singing on the lounge terrace, which we enjoyed. I know they said that they enjoyed a "quiet policy" there by 11pm, which is fine but we did think that if they supplied some tastefull entertainment every evening then it would stop the mass exodus down to the town after 6.30pm!
All in all, a lovely relaxing place today and we would return there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Escapio, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik