We stayed at the Valamar Dubrovnik President for 4 nights for our honeymoon. We chose the hotel after a lot of research, based on the good reviews and the reputation of Valamar resorts in the area.
I will start by saying that we loved Dubrovnik and that we did have a wonderful honeymoon. The hotel has great transport links to the old town using the number 6 bus. The city itself has so much to offer. We would recommend the sunset kayaking trip, although it was hard work, and renting a small motor boat from nearby Cavat. We booked both through Adventure Dubrovnik prior to our trip. The views of the city from the sea are fantastic! We also loved to choice of bars and restaurants in the city and found the prices to be largely in line with British prices. All of the service that we received during our stay was good. We would recommend Dubrovnik to anyone and hope to return to Croatia again.
Our view of the hotel was less positive.
Rooms: Well kept and clean, but very small (infact our room reminded us of a cabin on a cruise ship). Good hanging space in the wardrobe and lots of local/hotel information provided. We are a young couple, both in our 20s, and found the shower/bath a concern. You had to climb into the high bath to shower and it was very difficult. For older customers this could be a problem. Lovely sea views from the spacious terrace.
Grounds: Again, amazing sea views - the main asset to this hotel. We used the beach area for relaxation. We loved the views and watching the coming and goings of boats to the harbour, but found the area to be littered with cigarette ends, the concrete on the ground to be broken and uneven, and the sunbeds to be very uncomfortable. We sunbathed near the harbour - not the most attractive area, just needs a bit of TLC to make the most of it.
Food: Excellent choice of food at breakfast time. Really one of the best international buffet breakfasts that we have experienced. Service of staff was very good. We ate in the a la carte restaurant one night as part of our package. The food and service here was good, but the choice was very limited. I don't think I would recommend eating here unless you have a meal included. We found the choice and value in the old town to be too good to miss, and of course the buzzing atmosphere is better than staying in the hotel which was quiet at night.
Spa: We had a couples massage as part of our package which was very nice. The spa felt high-end. A lovely place to relax if that is your thing.
Staff: We found the staff to be very helpful throughout the hotel .They seemed happy in their jobs which I feel says a lot. The reception and guest services staff were particularly helpful. We ordered taxis for our airport transfers through them prior to our stay, and they helped us during our stay in organising transport to nearby Cavat for our boat rental.
Overall: We understand that the hotel is due to have a renovation next year. We feel that this could solve many of the issues that we found during our stay. On balance our overall opinion of the hotel was that it is overpriced at present. For a 4* hotel at such a high price we would have expected some touches of luxury. The hotel was 'fine' but certainly not 'special' as we hoped for our honeymoon. We cannot help feeling disappointed. We have definitely stayed in better.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Dubrovnik President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Das exzellente 5-Sterne Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel hat eine einzigartige Strandlage an der Spitze der grunen Halbinsel Babin Kuk, nur wenige Minuten von der bezaubernden Altstadt von Dubrovnik entfernt, und bietet Hotelgasten mehr als nur eine spektakulare Aussicht: Da das kristallblaue Meer von uberall zu sehen ist, tauchen Urlauber in die Landschaft ein und erfahren die Natur auf unvergleichliche Art und Weise. Egal, ob Sie ein Platzchen fur einen romantischen Aufenthalt oder einen Ort fur wahren Genuss suchen, der neue Look und das Ambiente werden Sie uberzeugen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Escapio, Venere and Otel so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.