Where do I start? well, I thought all arrangements were in place for the wedding I was attending in Croatia, Dubrovnik, as I had booked and paid to stay in the Uvala hotel in april chosen because of other reviews and proximity to wedding venue. Imagine my upset, when I arrived at 4.30 the day before the wedding to find before I got out of the taxi I was handed a letter from a member of staff saying I was being relocated to one of their other hotels, across the bay. After some persuasion ,I agreed to go to the hotel, well it was the best decision I could have made. The Hotel is situated in a lovely area surrounded by beautiful shrubs, trees and plants. When you walk into the foyer there is a great feeling of space and light, and the porthole windows at one level make it feel like a super yacht!. Lovely staff greeted me at the reception with a welcome drink, and apologised for the initial disappointment. On arrival in the room I found a card asking what sort of pillow I prefer!, a very spacous room with an anormous terrace with table and chairs and a view to die for. So you get my drift I was very happy with the unplanned relocation. If you like an outdoor resturant with a fabulous view refined tables and chairs, with pink and white table clothes and sail like awning overhead, then you won't be disappointed there. If you prefer to have breakfast inside, the restaurant is equally as elegant. Breakfast is an award winning occasion, to suit many nationalities. There are too many 5 star attributes in the hotel, to list here,e.g panoramic lift, gorgeous outdoor lunch resturant, beach area, for which swimming shoes are recommended. I may sound like somebody from the croatian tourist board, and I am not, but the hotel will officially be branded 5 star in 2014, as it is being further refurbished.
The wedding I attended was enchanting, as the church was in the old town which has to be seen to be appreciated for atmosphere.Also the resturant near Ploce gate where we had a barbecue the following day that was like a scene from the recent poplular movie, mama mia for atmosphere!It was situated at the top of the road up from ploce gate,down steps with a view of a bay, and had lovely lanterns and atmosphere. So Croatia ,Dubrovnik has been am amazing holiday destination find, the drive from the airport to the city is like the amalfi coast somewhat, with out the hairpin bends!! Also the Dubrovnik Palace where the wedding reception was held was stunning, but was not for the budget conscious. Oh, the hotel Uvala, paid for my return taxi to the airport, which was a gesture I appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Escapio, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik