We had such a wonderful time this past week at the Valamar Dubrovnik President. The staff is amazing - by far the most friendly we encountered during our time in Croatia. When we came, we were put on the 2nd floor but didn't love the view, so we requested to see if we could be placed elsewhere. Since it was our honeymoon, they upgraded us to a superior room and gave us a room with a fantastic view of the sea - very thoughtful!
Rooms are comfortable and big - they have a couch and table/chairs which is nice. Breakfast was included in our package and it was very good with a large selection. We never had dinner at the hotel, but we did have drinks at the cafe bar while live music played - very impressive. The beach is clean and the chairs / umbrellas are free for hotel guests. It is a pebble beach so I recommend getting water shoes if your feet hurt - the hotel sells them for 80 kuna but the mini market behind the hotel sells them for 60 kuna - totally worth it to enjoy the beaches in Croatia. Also the spa is great - we loved all the different types of suanas!
Get the tickets for the bus at the hotel - it's cheaper. The bus comes all the time and is really easy to use - last stop is across the street from the hotel and it goes right to town. It can get crowded though so try and get a seat if you can!
We did the excursion for the three islands from the hotel - it was great and definitely recommend. The staff helped us navigate the trip and gave us a ton of suggestions of what to do in Dubrovnik, and how to drive within town (we were planning a day trip to Montenegro.)
All in all - a great vacation at a great hotel. We loved Dubrovnik, can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exquisite hotel has undergone an extensive renovation to provide you with the ultimate Dubrovnik experience. Unique beachfront location on the tip of the green Babin Kuk peninsula, only few minutes from the enchanting Old Town of Dubrovnik, provides its guests not only with spectacular views, but also with an unparalleled feeling of unity with nature and the crystal blue sea from every corner of the hotel. Whether you're looking for a romantic retreat or a place for true indulgence, you'll love the brand new look and feel great in Valamar's first five star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Valamar Dubrovnik President Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- President Hotel Dubrovnik
- Hotel Dubrovnik President
- Dubrovnik Hotel President
- Hotel President Dubrovnik