“An absolute gem.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Dubrovnik
Lancaster
“An absolute gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Bellevue for 2 nights in October and were amazed by every aspect of this wonderful hotel. The setting is truly beautiful with stunning views of the coastline. The private beach is marvellous, very clean and quiet. The hotel impressed us from the moment we walked in, the service was of a very high standard, the rooms were impeccable with lots of touches of luxury. We felt relaxed and in the lap of luxury throughout our entire stay and will certainly be going back.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Turkish first
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a mid-November 3 night stay which was a perfect length of break to take in Dubrovnik. In reality apart from the beautiful Old Town there isn't much else to do in the immediate vicinity, especially out of season.
The Bellevue is a 15 minute walk from the Old Town which wasn't a problem to us. It is situated in a residential/commercial district and it's USP is a private beach. There are more central hotels if that's what you are looking for.
The rooms seem to be all sea views with spectacular views over the beach and out to sea. The balconies are spacious and offer a degree of privacy. The rooms are modern and there is a well-stocked bar.
Breakfast was adequate with a choice of freshly prepared omelettes and such like from the kitchen along with the ubiquitous buffet.
All the staff were delightful and very accommodating.
The spa, which we had to ourselves, was to a high standard although we didn't have time for any treatments.
The only negative was that we guessed they had turned the aircon off due to it being late in the season and as it was particularly warm we had to sleep with the doors open. This wouldn't normally be an issue but the waves crashing on the beach below meant it was difficult to sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms adjacent to the Spa
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
The Colony, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My fiance and I had reservations here for a week in Aug, but he was taken ill and wasn't allowed to travel, but insisted that I go anyway. I had an early morning flight, so when I arrived, my room wasn't ready just yet. They were able to give me my room number and I went down to the seaside restaurant to grab some lunch and relax.

I had lunch several days at the outdoor restaurant when I could tear myself away from my pool lounger. :) The food was good and convenient during the day if you don't want to walk into town, but a bit over priced IMO. It served its purpose for me. The staff was pretty much the same every day I was there and knew that I was traveling alone, and unlike some places that I've stayed, didn't make a big production out of me eating alone.

During the summer, it is a bit tough to get a lounger by the pool as it's one of the hotels where people get up at 7:00 am, go down and put a book and a towel on about 4 chairs, and then don't actually come down until sometime after lunch. I was usually awake by 9 each day, so would go down and put my stuff on a chair, grab some breakfast, and then head back down for the day, so wasn't really a problem for me.

The rooms were huge for Europe. I had a seaview room. Along with the blackout curtains, had shutters on the outside of the windows, so you could sleep all day in the dark if you wanted to. I would wake up each morning and open the shutters to see the amazing blue-green of the sea and all of the yachts that had anchored in the port area for the night. It was a gorgeous view.

Breakfast is included and it was the standard continental type breakfast with some hot and cold choices. I don't each much in the morning, but they had a good selection so that I didn't have to eat the same thing over and over each day. Breakfast is eaten outdoors in a patio overlooking the sea with great views of the Old Town, too.

The hotel itself is maybe a 10-minute walk (downhill) to Old Town. After a huge meal, it was a bit of a struggle back up the hill, but that was mainly because I had eaten too much good food. :) The walk isn't strenuous at all, and quite enjoyable as the sun had gone down and the temperature was cooling off, so it wasn't horribly hot and humid.

There was also a little grocery store just outside the city walls, so I stocked up on snacks and a couple bottles of water. One thing to note, you'll see a lot of water fountains inside the city walls. It is all drinkable and MUCH better than bottled water (and free). I learned this from one of the city tours I took, so after that, I would just take one of my empty water bottles with me when I went into town for dinner each night and fill it back up.

The only negative thing that I have to say about the hotel was spa. I made a reservation for a Swedish massage the 2nd day that I was there hoping to relax my muscles and de-stress. It was mainly an hour of a girl rubbing oil on me, very little actual massage, so needless to say, I wasn't much more relaxed afterward.

Overall, this is a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in the last week of October. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel itself was clean and well presented and the views from our balcony were just stunning. I agree with everyone else who recommends booking a balcony room, to sit outside and look over the crystal clear Adriatic was wonderful. The only thing missing was the tea/coffee making facilities in the room, which we found a bit strange.
I'm not sure if we were lucky with the weather or not, but the sun shone most days, we swam in the sea without any problems (once we were in it was lovely) and had breakfast on the hotel terrace every day.
The walk into the old city is an easy stroll downhill and the walk back isn't too strenuous. However, if you don't want to walk there were regular buses. Restaurants in and around the old city were plentiful, but more expensive than going in the other direction to Lapad (where I would recommend Otto's Taverna). Seafood was fresh and tasty, but for those who like their food spicy there weren't too many options.
We had a marvellous time in Dubrovnik and the Hotel Bellevue played a large part in that.

Room Tip: Book a balcony room, the higher up the better.
Rossendale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

As pleasant a hotel as I have stayed in.
Located about 1km from the old city overlooking a beautiful semi private cove the setting is idyllic. The sea was crystal clear. The room was lovely. Spacious and well furnished. Effective air-conditioning, large shower room and a small balcony with magnificent view straight over the bay and beach. Perfect.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Price included a good choice of breakfast buffet that we ate outdoors on the balcony every day overlooking the sea.
If you want a quality hotel located for the old city it is probably as well located as any (the Hilton is closer - but appeared to offer little outdoor space)

Room Tip: The hotel is built out looking out to sea - I think all rooms have a sea view. Not all, but the vast...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I cannot fault my stay in the Bellevue and in many ways it exceeded my expectations.
Located just a 15 minute walk from the Old Town, the hotel has unrivalled views of the Adriatic. All the staff were excellent ambassadors for the hotel - nothing was too much trouble and they often went over and above the call of duty to assist.
On arrival, we were upgraded to a balcony room. This was a fantastic plus and I would recommend spending the extra money. We'd not originally booked a balcony, as we thought the weather in October wouldn't be so great. The opposite was true, as temperatures were in the mid 70s throughout our stay.
Breakfasts were of good quality and the restaurant has a lovely terrace terrace, overlooking the sea. There is also an excellent terrace bar, where the Mojitos are the best I've ever had (and I've had a few in my time!). The private beach is in quite a sheltered spot, ideally for a little swim.
I'd recommend the nearby restaurant Magellan too. Superb quality food at amazing prices just a three minute walk away.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a balcony room
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

25 mins taxi ride from the airport, 15-20 mins walk to the walled city and several bus stops close to the hotel. Ideal location if you don't want to be on top of everything, though the walk to the city is down hill, so if you don't fancy the uphill jaunt back there are plenty of buses that run regularly.

The hotel was extremely clean, staff friendly and really helpful and chocolates brought to our room each night!!! The view from our room was panoramic. The only criticism there was no tea and coffee facilities in our room which we really missed first thing in the morning. We only had breakfast each morning at the hotel and this was ample, normal hot and cold buffet style with Croatia;s own take on a full English, scrambled eggs were excellent. Cannot fault the hotel at all, swimming pool area was also immaculate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bellevue Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!