Before I start, let me state that I am not very demanding of hostels nor spoiled in any way, but I don't appreciate false advertisement...
- very clean
- breakfast included, fair size, includes yogurt, cereal, bread, cheese, ham, and coffee. A nice value, despite it being rather bland.
- useful kitchen to cook own meals
- useful map of old town with good checkpoints
- location is as advertised, about a (boring) 40 min walk to the old town, or a 15 min bus ride. The bus passed every 10 mins until about 1:30 am. You can buy tickets at any newspaper stand.
- very small rooms (2 person private ones). With two single beds placed in an "L" shape, there was very little space to navigate within the room. We ended up using one of the beds as luggage holder, as we couldn't really function otherwise.
- staff can be clueless : we had heard of a few restaurants outside of the old town, as we were trying to avoid tourist traps, and asked them how they were, but they didn't know these restaurants (even though they're in the top 5 on tripadvisor). We then asked where do locals go to eat when they eat out, but got nothing more than a blank stare and a "i dunno"... We also asked where is the spot in the old town where there is access to the water, as we wanted to take a swim outside the castle walls. Staff said it didn't exist and was illegal, despite what I had heard. We later discovered on our own that there are two cafes leading to the water, as well as an easy way to go to a little dock where there is a mini makeshift beach. You would think locals who work in tourism would know these things...
- staff can be dishonest : we asked if it was possible for them to call a taxi for us to go to their airport, to which they agreed. However, when it was time, it was a private car, or more specifically, someone who just happens to own a car. Not only that, but the fare was 250 kunas, instead of the more typical 180-200 for that distance. By that time, we didn't have sufficient time to waste so as to call a real taxi on our own, so we were forced to take it. The ride was perfectly fine, but it is unacceptable that they lie and take advantage of their customers so as to "hook up" a friend
Verdict : I wouldn't recommend this place, but if you can't find anything better, I wouldn't advise you to avoid it at all costs either.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.