“Good modern hotel near port” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Adria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Radnicka ulica 46, Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia   |
Ranked #32 of 71 hotels in Dubrovnik
Bristol, England
“Good modern hotel near port”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found staff to be friendly and polite. You just need to get to know them. The hotel was a walk away from old town but we got the bus outside twice and hour. They do offer a shuttle but only one way. Breakfast was good and a variety of stuff.

• Stayed August 2013

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel for what the y recomendad the agency,the surprise is that Wastching the wonderful views of the port of Dubronvnik,enter the Rooms an check that Window overlooks a wall under construction the room is dark, you have to turn on the lighting in the morning If you want to see so.(in the adriatic).
When i asked the recepctionist a possible room change,he refused saying it Was a standard room And the next timé i come i Will best room, I told him that puts you nowhere chose room tipe(view)that. The hotel has 72 rooms but only 38 views.4 rooms that seem caves for itvs dará esos And view of concrete wall.
The worst rooms are: 412,516,616,312.
I fiel cheated,defraudes.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was here in winter 2012 with my team. We had the huge room! Everything was sooo clean, and staff were very friendly and helpful! We had really beautiful view from our room. The food in hotel was also really nice, and I would like to come back! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is not located in the city center you need to take the shuttle bus who is not running the whole day or public transport / taxi. The view over the harbour is stunning, the room I had was very nice, breakfast is average. In general I can recommend the hotel for a short stay.

The only minus point was the check-in, when I arrived around 10.30 am the Front desk staff member started waving with his arms and said that I was way too early and the hotel was more than fully booked etc. I mean I can fully understand that the rooms are not ready in the morning, I work at the Front Desk myself since more than 12 years but it is the way you tell it to the customer. However I think he realised his wrong behaviour because when he gave me the room key 2 hrs later, he said he gave me a very nice room - and it was true ;)

The other FO member, an other man was very friendly and helpful at every contact.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Il Gzira, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Me and my wife spent 3 nights in Hotel Adria. The view from our room was breath taking and the room was very clean with a modern layout. Breakfast was very good also. On the negative side the wi-fi reception is very poor from the rooms or at least of floor -3 and also we had no refrigerator in our room so we couldn't keep a nice cold bottle of water in our room with 38 degrees celcius outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Pros:
The room was really clean and reception staff gave us a late check out free of charge. Reception staff were also very welcoming and gave us plenty of information about the area. The shuttle to Old Town was very convenient, the view of the harbour from our room was lovely and the free parking was also very useful.

Cons:
No fridge in the room, no return shuttle bus from old town to hotel, breakfast was basic and not very appealing and toiletries provided were not adequate.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206 - room was small but the view was amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't fault it! The reception staff were exceptionally helpful ( Peter was extremely tolerant of my many requests and questions!) it was a little out of the way but worth it! Would highly recommend!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Adria? Share your experiences!