“Alan T "Beautiful Apartments"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apartments More

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubrovnik
Apartments More
You added Apartments More to your Saves list
Petilovrijenci 1, Dubrovnik HR-20000 , Croatia (Formerly Bijele Apartments)   |
Ranked #29 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Dubrovnik
Deubrovnik
“Alan T "Beautiful Apartments"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife, son and daughter in law stayed in the "Bieje apartments" for four days at the beginning June 2012. The apartments were located centrally in Dubrovnik . The fittings and fixtures were to a really high standard and the rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean. The owners Boris and his wife Sandra were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. An example of how obliging they were was illustrated as follows. We had previously stayed in the resort of Cavatt and moved over to Dubrovnik on the 7th June. We arrived at the apartments at 11.30 in the morning and left our luggage there until we booked in at 2.00 pm, I realised I had left my mobile phone in the minibus which we had travelled over in. I told Boris of the problem and he rang the driver and told him of my predicament . Boris told me the phone would be there when we returned. Sure enough when we checked-in I was presented with my phone. This was an example of how nothing was too much trouble for him and his wife. We would definitely recommend a stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed in the 'Anica' apartment in mid-May 2012 and can highly recommend it. The owners are onsite, helpful without being intrusive and have renovated the building and apartments to an exceptionally high standard, sympathetically keeping a traditional look.

The apartment itself is clearly newly renovated, with new and modern bathroom and kitchen. Ample hot water (rare in Croatia, we found), too. The bed was particularly comfortable and apartment cool, with shutters and aircon.

The location is completely central but soundproof windows kept out the noise. I had been worried about this before our stay as I'm a very light sleeper and was aware how busy Dubrovnik is in high season.

Overall, it's worth staying here and avoiding outdated hotels with poor service. We'll be back and will recommend it on to friends and family wtihout hesitation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this apartment for two nights, and loved it. One of the days was a cold, rainy day in Dubrovnik, and it was perfect to stay right in Old Town, so we could nip back into the apartment to warm up and dry off while everyone else rushed for the looooooong lineups in the pouring rain, to take busses back to their accommodations. Then in the evening, when it dried up, we had the chance to stroll through a relatively empty Old Town and see how beautiful it is when it isn't packed with people! The apartment itself is beautiful, and the owners couldn't have been more hospitable. They loaned us a phone for a call before we'd bought our own, printed off a map for a place we wanted to see, and generally did everything in their power to make sure we enjoyed our stay. I would suggest anyone coming to Old Town Dubrovnik to stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Few days ago I went to explore the Old Towns side streets and have run into a beautiful old house at the door step of the main street Stradun. Since I have never been in an old house interior, I kindly asked if I may visit. The owners were kind and have shown me around one of the two apartments which was free at the time, and, to my surprise i was thrilled with the owner's very modern approach as to accommodation facilities - both apartments being fully furnished with confortable furniture and most importantly with all modern kitchen devices and completely refurbished! This house has impressed me a lot and would recommend it to everyone who wishes to stay in the Old Town and experience the feeling of 17th century life when Dubrovnik was one of the superbly organized city states.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

When we book a hotel, location is always our priority. We found this apartment Lukreija through Dubrovnik Apartment Source, as suggested by a tripadvisor member. The website is pretty user-friendly. This apartment is right in the old town and eveything you need, like banks, supermarkets and restaurants are just around the corner. Old harbour and city walls are within walking distance as well. The apartment is nicely decorated with modern amenities and retro furniture. The ad says it is 40m2, which is no exaggeration, spacious and cozy. Our landlady, Danijela, a stylish woman, was very friendly. While I would say that the in-room amenities in this apartment can match a 5-star hotel, you cannot expect the same level of service when you pay a fraction of the price, so be prepared to do some cleaning yourself during the stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Scone, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed in Apartment Lukrecija for four nights as part of our honeymoon (1st floor apartment). If you have a map of the old town it is very easy to find. Despite having named the time that we would arrive and arriving on time, we still had to phone again when we got there as there wasn't anyone to meet us. This wasn't a major issue though as they turned up within 10 minutes.

The apartment is modern and well appointed; spacious for two people with all of the conveniences that you would need. Whilst the bed was comfortable, I personally don't particularly like having two beds pushed together to make up a king. The bathroom wasn't very large but it was of a very nice design. The internet access was a very welcome bonus too.

The biggest selling point to this apartment is its very central, convenient to everything, middle of the old town, fantastic location, 15m off the Stradun. This also meant not having to drag yourself (or luggage) up steep narrow pathways that cover the old town at the end of a long day of touring. Keep in mind that this perfect, central location may also mean a need for earplugs should you be a light sleeper - though this may be influenced also by the time of year that you visit.

Would I stay here again? - Definitely!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I booked this apartment through Dubrovnik Apartment Source (booking company) and was very excited for our stay in Dubrovnik. A few of my friends had stayed in the old town so my wife and I wanted our to experience staying in the old town for a couple days. I must say, after traveling through much of Croatia, I think Dubrovnik is overrun with tourists and I prefer something a bit more original than made-up Dubrovnik.
Before our arrival, I emailed Danijela (the building manager) that we would be arriving around 2p and that we would need to use the washing machine. She replied back that this was not a problem. Upon our arrival, we called Danijela to get directions to the building, but no one answered. Next, I called the owner and got perfect directions. When we arrived at the shop (called the Hidden Shop), we met Danijela (who was surprised that we were early, though we told her we were coming) and she showed us to our rooms. It is a very nice building, with 3 apartments. Each apartment has its own floor, with the smallest apartment on the top floor. There is no lift/elevator. We were given instructions on the room and how to use everything. I told her that we needed to use the Washing Machine and she told me it would be 10 Euros a load. According to the booking company’s website, the washer was in the room, but this was not true. In fact, it was downstairs in the shop. The DAS website said nothing of a charge, but I did not argue at that point.

The internet saga was a fascinating experience. Apparently, the router was going bad. Not a problem. It was a weekend and things happen. The bad news, the router was on the top floor and if the occupants were not in the room, Danijela did not have a spare key to get to the room. Now, I did not come to Dubrovnik to use the internet, but my wife and I were on vacation for 7 weeks and we knew this weekend was created to relax, unwind, pay our bills via the internet, and plan for our last leg of our trip. We could not do this all the time because the internet was not always working. It would not have been so bad had Danijela possessed a spare set of keys. Alas, she did not so it exacerbated the problem. When it was working, it was fast. But when it went down, we had to wait til the router was reset for the internet to work.

The apartment is in a fantastic location. The living room and bedroom were beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. The bathroom is a bit on the small side, but the rest of the apartment is great. Comes with a full working kitchen, minus an oven and it even has 2 ice cube trays. The bed is very comfortable, but a bit firm. 2 working air conditioning units easily cool the place down in no time. One downside to this apartment, people are loud in the old town. As a result, there were people yelling at 4a and we could hear it. Usually, the air conditioning and windows would mask the sounds, but for some reason it did not in our case. Just an FYI.

On our last day, we emailed DAS about our having to pay for laundry. We were refunded the 30 Euros, as it was not as advertised. However, there seems to be an issue with whether the washing machines were actually ever in the rooms or not. Regardless, we were happy to get our money back and DAS remedied the situation.

Overall, it was a great apartment. We had specifically paid the extra price to have free internet and free laundry service and we were disappointed with how everything turned out with those two amenities. If we had not needed the internet or laundry, we would have loved this apartment (minus the yelling for all hours of the night). However, because we booked this place with those amenities in mind, we were not as happy as we could have liked. If you are booking this particular place for old world charm and location, then this place is perfect for you. You should have no hesitations. However, if you need the amenities, then be prepared for not everything may go as planned.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Apartments More? Share your experiences!