NOTE: Be careful not to confuse this with another "Stella Apartments" which is much further uphill from the Old Town! This accommodation is just a couple of minutes from Dubrovnik Old Town.
We booked the "Large Apartment" for a week in September. Planning a busy week in which we didn't intend to spend long sitting about in our accommodation; we spent time scouring review sites for a lower-cost "hidden gem" location; and Jadre's Stella apartment really fit the bill.
The apartment is roughly equivalent to; but superior to; standard package holiday apartments - and I think my girlfriend hit the nail on the head when she described the apartment as feeling like we were staying at the holiday home of a good friend. It does not have modern furnishing; but the essentials (bathroom; kitchen surfaces; floors; beds) are all nice and clean.
The host (Jadre) is very friendly; and is always close at hand and will help with any request you might have. Contact Jadre directly ( adranka.barac AT du.t-com.hr ) to book. She will send you some travel information; and will meet you on arrival.
* Great location - 5 minutes (albeit steep steps) walk from Pile Gate which is a hub for tourist services. A slightly longer walk avoids the steps and takes you to either of the other 2 Old Town gates. You are also a couple of minutes walk from the cable car station, which is a handy location for day tour or airport pick-ups. The location feels nice and secure for leaving your luggage.
* Bathroom is recently decorated and well fitted. Shower has strong water pressure; which is lovely :) I agree with another review that the hot water runs out quickly; but in warm weather we didn't care. The high pressure was a real treat.
* The kitchen is a bit basic but is definitely more homely than basic holiday apartment accommodation. We absolutely enjoyed a night-in with pasta and wine from the local shop; saving us money on eating out.
* The apartment was fitted with really good air conditioning - it had a remote control; and felt like it could drag the temperature down 10 degrees Celsius inside a minute. On a hot night, this is amazing.
* The apartment had a new (or very new) TV with FreeSat and DVD player; and a set of movies are provided. We did not use the TV even once; but it's a nice addition.
* The 2 downstairs apartments have partial visibility through both front and back doors; and share outside seating and clothes drying; so are not 100% private. For us; this was not a problem; but I think is a consideration... if you want a romantic or lazy visit to Dubrovnik with 100% privacy, this might be a concern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 5 min. From the Old City, in the cool shade of the mesmerizing 10 th. Century walls, our apartments promise you unforgetable holidays. It's possess charm unlike any others, a charm of an antiqeuness, and moderness of the both world. The majority of the steps are either on the northern and southern parts even in the Old Town town; the location is superb if you like to book the apartment inside the walls! But it can be noise and crowded. The market sets up 5am/5.30 A.M. And bells ring in the church a 6 a.M., So if you are a light sleeper this will cause you some problems including late at night the music from coffee shops. Once you're up I shall show you a shortcut to avoiding the steps, neighborhood is quiet and you need only 5 minutes walking down the road, and you are in the Old Town; very close to the apartment is a bakery, mini and super market, public garage!This private accommodation features modern kitchens, spacious living rooms and bathrooms with showers-bath. Both apartments have private entrances with an atmosphere of the safety and security as your own home.By choosing Apartments Stella you avoid the cost of busy city transportations and crowded streets.And in the same time, you have the advantage to be among the green foliage of needed peace.We offer you 2 apartments for rent. All are fully equipped and tastefully decorated. The two studio - apartments can be also rented for family or group up to five people.Facilities:Public Airport-Shuttle, Video/DVD Player, wi-fi for free, Satellite TV in each room; but - car parking is available (100 meters ) in the Public garage,( do not have private parking place). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Stella Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.