“You have been warned!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“You have been warned!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I wish I'd read the reviews before sitting down here, I'd have saved myself time writing this. My daughter & I were lured in by the 69kunar menu & our stomachs. Something quick to eat and cheap. We ordered grilled chicken fillet & chips each which came with salad & a glass of wine. No problems, simple meal or so we thought. Our wine was bought to us along with a basket of bread followed a few minutes later by a bowl of lettuce which has a very watery dressing on. Our plates of food then arrived, a very suspicious looking chicken fillet & chips? On prodding the chicken and cutting it open we realised it was fish. We told the waitress who said we had ordered fish. As my daughter doesn't eat fish I knew we hadn't ordered it at all. We were asked if we would eat it. I agreed to but my daughter refused & her meal was removed and taken to another customer who had just come in and ordered the fish, despite it being cut open!!! My meal was left with me to eat while another meal was cooked for my daughter so I was almost finished by the time hers arrived. When the bill arrived I had been charged the 138 kn for the meal plus an extra 14 kn cover charge. When I questioned it was told it was for the bread & napkins etc and was standard across Croatia and written on the menu. I did not see it there but hadn't looked either. I pulled 150 kn out my purse & gave this to the waitress. She told me it was not enough & there was another 2 kn to pay I refused & said she was very lucky I paid at all as the meal was wrong & not very nice at all. All in all I would not go back there and if you choose to eat here do so at your own peril!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Serbian first
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Never go back and wouldn't recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This restaurant was not very good at all. We ordered two chicken fillets with chips and when we got our food it was actually fish fillets and potatoes they brought out. I cut my fish just to check that it was fish and called the waitress over to complain. She asked if we would eat it anyway and my mum said she would but I wouldn't as I don't eat fish. The waitress reluctantly took it and despite the fact I had cut it, she gave it to someone else who had ordered fish. I then had to wait for mine. When I got it, it wasn't very nice at all and all we wanted to do was get out of the restaurant. The bill came to 152 Kuna which included a 7 Kuna each cover charge. We gave them 150 Kuna and said that's all we were giving. The waitress said no you owe another 2 Kuna. We told her we weren't happy with the meal and they brought us the wrong meal then expected us to eat it so we weren't paying the rest. The waitress wasn't happy about that but we were happy about the meal. I definitely wouldn't go back to this restaurant and would never recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
coperhagen
“Cheap & delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you don’t have or don’t want to spend a lot of cash on food and still get a decent meal I recommend this restaurant. For only 10 euro I had lunch that consisted of a grilled chicken file, fries, green salad and a glass of vine, and it was quite all right. As for the service I can’t say anything good about it, I read the reviews of others and I just don’t share their experience-maybe we were served by a different waiter. I was served by a young lady who did not smile at all and was almost impolite-but I suppose that one cannot expect better for that amount of money. Anyway, that was the best deal I managed to find in Dubrovnik’s Old Town and it took me two days to find it so I hope that my tip will be useful to some of you.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stoke-on-Trent
“I agree avoid! Worst meal I ate in 2 weeks!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were enticed in by the offer as below! The lasagne was so dry with very little meat. The bread was dry. All meals were very small portions but very very poor quality. The service was awful to wait 15 mins for our table to be cleared. Poor location but we chose it. We did say when we were asked if everything was ok with our meals that they were awful but she just walked off, not even an apology.

“Please avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

In a country I have visited twice and that (I believe) has the best food in Europe, what we experienced here was awful. We could barely eat a few bites of our meals, and coupled with horribly warm red wine that tasted like it had been stored inside a computer tower, we left feeling very down. We ate at some brilliant places for less money during our stay in this fantastic town.

My steak tasted exactly like I would imagine dog to taste like (which I would never eat). Enough said!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere