“Upgrade to Royal Princess !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Importanne Resort Dubrovnik

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dubrovnik
Importanne Resort Dubrovnik
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kardinala Stepinca 31c, Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia   |
Ranked #9 of 70 hotels in Dubrovnik
Nottingham
“Upgrade to Royal Princess !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Last minute beach getaway with the girls! Booked through Jet2holidays and found a fantastic deal with flights and 7nights B&B. On arrival at the Importanna Resort, we were surprisingly upgraded to their Royal Princess Hotel building - a 5* hotel, which was truly luxurious. The staff could not have been kinder and more welcoming. The hotel was spotless and beautifully decorated. The location was supreme, and the facilities provided were more than enough! The breakfast buffet was amazing - a whole spread of different foods ranging from cooked english breakfast to bread/cheese/meat to miso soup, with coffee and juice "on tap". The a la carte menus, whilst slightly pricey, were totally worth it, with a fantastic menu on offer and a wonderful atmosphere. I could not rate it more highly.
The day trips that they offer seem to come with a bit of a surplus charge and I would advise shopping around. But to be honest, the area (Lapad) and even just the beach within the hotel, is enough to provide a fantastic week of fresh fish, cocktails and a relaxing holiday in the sun on the beach.
The only area with room for improvement (if I have to be critical!) is the air con in the rooms - it doesn't get that cold, and therefore it can be quite warm at night. If you like to almost freeze, perhaps bear this in mind.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked Ariston Hotel at Importanne Resort for my Dubrovnik vacation after overhearing a stranger raving about her Dubrovnik vacation in a local coffee shop. I was already planning my travels to Dubrovnik and she convinced me to look no further than Importanne Resort. Needless to say, I was not the least disappointed and savoured every moment of being there. The room was gorgeous with a fabulous view of the sea and nearby islands while the bathroom has everything you need from great water pressure to a hair fan and make up mirror. My favourite part is Restaurant Zoe though. The food is delicious and the views from the terrace are magnificient. Imagine having dinner each evening enjoying Croatian wine and being mesmerised by the dazzling colourful sunset. The best part about the whole experience is that the sunset is different each evening!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I spent last summer's vacation in Dubrovnik with my girlfriend and friends. We reserved a superior sea view room at Importanne Resort and did not regret it one bit. The view from the room was breathtaking and the room itself was spacious with full-size bathroom. We were quite impressed with how well the staff spoke English and how friendly and eager they were to serve. We ate at the resort the whole time except for once when we went to the Old Town and enjoyed both the buffet restaurant and Zoe's. Sitting on the terraces alongside the Adriatic is undescribable in words. The beach bar was also great for relaxing from the summer sun. I will definitely go back to Importanne Resort for my return visit to Dubrovnik.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This review has been a long time coming. I recently sat down with some friends and was telling them about my amazing experience's at this fantastic hotel. They asked why do you go back to the same place every summer? My response was; "I have never been treated so well by the staff, and the owners, I felt like I belonged there. A part of the family." To clarify, I have stayed at this wonderful hotel 5 of the last 6 years. The 1 year I missed work didn't allow me to travel, otherwise I would have been back 6 for 6. I have formed friendships with so many amazing people that I have met through this hotel. These people have become good friends, and will stay friends for a long time to come. The ownership is constantly striving to make the hotel better and better every year. The changes I have seen since 2007 are to put it bluntly, simply amazing!!!! The proximity to the sea, the breathtaking sunset, the seaside walk, and the closeness to old town make it a MUST stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning on staying in Dubrovnik for a day, a week, or like me, 1 month. I feel like it is my home away from home.
Andrew M

Room Tip: if they are available, try and get a seaside room with a view......
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wow...what a fantastic trip. We have just returned home and cannot praise the Importanne resort highly enough. We originally booked a room at the Hotel Neptun for 3 nights to celebrate my husband's birthday. I had emailed the hotel beforehand to order some sparkling wine on arrival. The staff were very helpful (especially Katarina) and arranged the wine and also some lovely complimentary cake. When checking in we were told that as it was a special occasion we would be upgraded to a suite at the 5* Royal Princess Hotel instead. I can honestly say, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in - sheer luxury! There was a lounge, kitchen area, 2 bathrooms and a huge bedroom. Dressing gowns, slippers and toiletries were all provided. The view overlooking the sea was stunning. The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. They arranged our airport transfers and provided us with information about the area. The hotel was a bus ride away from the old town but you could buy tickets from reception and the bus stop was close by. We were bed and breakfast which was lovely - a wide variety of choice every day, which included sparkling wine! Dubrovnik itself is fantastic - the most unspoilt city I have been lucky enough to visit. Go and stay there, you won't be disappointed. A brilliant holiday and a fantastic hotel. I would definitely go back. Thank you to all the staff for making us feel so welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My two friends and I first stopped in at Hotel Importanne to check the rates. After we found out the rates were a little higher than our budget (backpacker budget), the staff was kind enough to book a different room at a hostel in town. After one night at the hostel we decided to go back to Hotel Importanne and splurge, and we couldn't have made a better decision. To say that the entire staff, and especially Dennis, the President of the hotel, is friendly, would be a gross understatement. The treatment we received hovered on same level as 'family'. Dennis went so far out of his way, that he ended up hooking us up with free hockey tickets in Zagreb, and met us at the game.

Not to mention the room was incredible, clean and comfortable. Make sure to start your day off with the buffet style breakfast which is fresh and delicious. The hotel features a relaxation area consisting of an indoor pool (we were there in January so didn't take in the outdoor pool, although the views of the Adriatic are breathtaking), several saunas, and hot tub.

Having traveled all over our fine planet, and stayed at hostels, hotels, and resorts of all levels, I honestly say that I have never had a more positive accommodation experience.

Thanks

Room Tip: Stay here and you can't go wrong, but a room with a view of the Adriatic doesn't hurt...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'm not easily giving all fives, but in this case I have to do that.

I picked this hotel together with my girlfriend for our wedding. Everything was booked (but literally everything) for 12 persons based on four days stay.

Positive surprises started from our arrival, where we got awesome two room apartment as a gift from hotel, no matter we booked just simple room. Surprises continued with all guests getting more than we ordered initially. Great view from the fourth floor balcony on 25C (after -2C in Berlin that morning) did the magic. Even coffee was waiting.

All staff were reachable and helpful 24/7. Stress which I expected was changed with real pleasure feeling like just floating to the day of my life. Food is awesome, even some really problematic tastes from our group of friends were very satisfied.

This is definitely place we will visit again soon.

Room Tip: Pick the room with balcony looking to the sea and you won't regret!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Importanne Resort Dubrovnik? Share your experiences!