“A room with Perfect Views” 5 of 5 stars

Nives Racic's Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Nikole Bozidarevica 7, Dubrovnik, Croatia   |
Ranked #41 of 400 Specialty Lodging in Dubrovnik
Los Angeles, California
“A room with Perfect Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at the apartment fronting the port and have a view of the port and a view of the beach! We came during a full moon and it was just amazing. I actually have pictures of the full moon over old town and at different areas! The apartment is a 3star so, I expected and found a 3star. We had lots of space for 2 people and all the amenities to cook, a tv that we never used, a good sized, clean shower, clean towels, etc. We definitely used the windows to just watch the world go by from our window. The apartment is located right outside the ploce and all the restaurants and shops are right there. The beach is right oustide the apartment and the water is nice and clear.
Nives actually picked us up from the airport herself and gave us some history of Dubrovnik along the way as she is a travel agent herself. She can give you tips on what to see and do and make the reservations herself. She lives in the apartment below so, just knock on the door if you need anything. This apartment #2 and next door #3 have great views of the ocean.
Whichever apartment you want, make sure you confirm to avoid misunderstanding. You are traveling to a different country so, communication is key.

Room Tip: pick the one with seaviews #2 or #3
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This apartment is located smack bang in the middle of the Old Town, a couple of streets away from Stradun (the main pedestrian street). Whilst the accommodation can only be described as basic, it was more than adequate for a no nonsense holiday in Dubrovnik (where it is more likely than not you will not be spending that much time in the accommodation anyway). Nives was responsive via emails but you have to be on the ball about whether you want to pay by euros or kuna - something we found in all our accommodations in Croatia. There is no view to speak of, but there is free wifi and air con which is a must during sweaty Croatian summers!

Would recommend for location but don't expect too much; you get what you pay for.

england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

When looking at other reviews it seemed confusing to me but having now stayed at Nives I understand that there are two locations for the apartments and it is probably best to read reviews on the one you are staying at. I stayed at Nikole Bozidarevica 7 as per address on review. However, Nives also has apartments elsewhere (Ploce gate I think) - these are the ones with the bakery and shop beneath.
Onto my stay and review - I emailed Nives ahead of travel asking for directions from bus stop at Pile gate as I would be arriving via airport bus. She did say she could pick me up at the airport but was not pushy and gave clear directions form entering Stradun at Pile gate (7th street on the right). I did find it easy to follow and was at the door of apartments within 5 minutes of getting off bus. As many state on arrival there was a sign on the door asking to ring number of go to pizzeria. I rang the number, Nives answered and arrived within 5 minutes. She showed me to the room which was a double room at the top of the house where there are three separate rooms situated with doors close together. There are a lot of flights of stairs up and no lift so if you have a lot of luggage I would think again about staying here. She then gave asked if I had a map went and got me one and asked me to pay for my stay. I did have the money but I think this should be made clear beforehand.
I booked via Venere where the apartment was advertised as double room with full kitchen. It is a small double room with sloping roof with the pillows wedged under the v of the slope meaning don't jump out of bed unless you want a sore head. The floors are very uneven and the room doesn't received much light. As for the full kitchen this consisted of a kettle, a knife, fork and spoon and a plate all sitting on a fridge. Not even a cup!! This is not a kitchen and you would not be able to do anything here so don't be fooled. The fridge is useful though to cool drinks down.
Room has air conditioning unit which functioned well.
The bed itself aside from the low ceiling was comfortable and there was no trouble sleeping and no outside noise issues.
The bathroom is directly opposite and though not en suite is a good size and doesn't cause any problems having to move across to it - its literally a metre away.
WIFI works well and is free.
The big plus about the apartment is its location just off Stradun. There are so many restaurants around that you can look around and take your pick. There is a provisions shop around the corner passed the pizzeria. As far as price is concerned it is relatively cheap for the location.
The rooms are close together and I'd imagine with noisier neighbours it might be off putting but during my stay all were respectful to each other.
There's a small TV also on the fridge.
Would I stay here again - on reflection no but it does have pluses.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start! Got to nives apartment after lack of direction and no signage of where apartment nives where. Had to ask 3 different locals for where nives apartment was located and once I arrived buzzed the bell at least a dozen times before a lady who lives upstairs had nives on her mobile stating nives would arrived shortly. About 20 mins to 30 mins later she finally arrived and then stating how tired I looked nives stated she will help reprogram a tour I booked for next day which I agreed to and next day had no assistance nor a phone call so of course i missed my tour!!! I agree with the others who put in a bad review!!! She will scam you. Showers are shocking!! Nives stated she emailed details of location of apartment nives after I complained to her the next day with tours I didn't want!!! So had to get a refund, unfortunately!! nives sent an email, total lie! Lack of business! I repeat she will scam you. Location is good but use your money elsewhere with better reviews!!!

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in apartment just outside city walls. Arrived by bus from airport but Nives had offered to collect us. Great location with easy access into city. Nives was very friendly, especially as we arrived at wrong apartment (didn't read her email fully) and pizzeria called her. It gave us time for a drink before she arrived to take us to our correct apartment. Fantastic view from apartment. Quiet location and good facilities nearby ie bakery, supermarket.
Apartment was clean, basic facilities, linen was old-looking but clean. We stayed 2 nights and found Nives to be very helpful. She took us back to the airport to collect a hire car from there and charged not much more than the cost of the bus. For a short stay in the city I would book again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing I could say is the location. Even though it is very hard to find when driving. And parking is not available unless you go to public parking which you need to pay for prepaid parking! We arrived late as we tried for over 4 hrs calling nives with no answer at all and had a stressful time locating the apartment as there was no signage. After we complained how hard it was so find next day a piracy of paper was stuck on the door to call the number which was completely different to what we got emailed to us and to contact pizzeria which we weren't informed about in the email!!! Nives said she sent an email of locating the place which we absolutely DID NOT RECIEVE!!! We ask people who worked in local shops to help us located the apartment which took a while and once we finally got there we had to wait half an hr for nives to finally arrive even though her assistance lady whom lives upstairs had to come down with nives on her mobile phone stating she would be 5 minutes. We had a tour booked the next day which nives said she would assist on changing so we got some rest after that day and stupidly I listened, waiting all morning the next day and got no call, nothing! Missed our tour! I complained. She said she called but no tours for the one we booked! So we missed out! She will scam you! She placed us downstairs in a old bedroom with bathroom where you have to ask for clean towels and bedding! The bedding had stains so had to ask for new sheets! The woman upstairs is not so friendly. Don't waste your time staying here, look else where and plus its expensive inside castle walls. Stay outside and visit during the day as its noisy due to being next to two restaurants. I've stayed in numerous hotels, motels, apartments and this is the worst!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Perfect location, most wonderful hosts and stunning views!
There is a shop, atm and bakery downstairs which is handy, as well as easy access for taxis etc. Dubrovnik is a very busy tourist town in summer time, but this apartment provides plenty of rest and quiet away from the masses whilst being in the most perfect, central location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nives Racic's Apartments? Share your experiences!