“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bokun Guesthouse

You added Bokun Guesthouse to your Saves list
Bokun Guesthouse
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Obala Stjepana Radica 7, Dubrovnik 20000, Croatia   |
Ranked #24 of 156 Dubrovnik B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Rather late in posting my review, but we stayed in this guesthouse last summer and had a really lovely time. It was our favorite of all the places we stayed in Croatia. The owner is great and it's close to the marina, yet set back in a quiet setting. It's a bit of a hike from the Old Town but the buses were frequent (and it's a nice walk if you're up for it). The neighborhood felt very "lived in" as well, which we liked. We walked down to the outdoor market every morning to get fruit, as well as expresso and pastries at a nearby cafe and bakery. Much cheaper than trying to find breakfast in the old town for sure! We only stayed two nights and wished we had stayed a bit longer to do daytrips from Dubrovnik.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Without my stay at Bokun Guesthouse, my 1st trip in Croatia would have been ordinary. Great familly feel, amazing quiet garden hidden in the middle of busy Dubrovnik streets. And the price is really good. I really appreciated to chat with Toni about his country. He gave me precious tips about places I wanted to visit in Dubrovnik. I will totally recommend it to my friends! Txs a bunch Bokun familly!
Mireille

Room Tip: I had double bed room (single in a room for 2), was very quiet and clean!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in July 2011. The B&B is located some 30mins by foot from the old town and 5mins from the bus station. The place is hidden in a quiet courtyard just some 100meters from the marina.

The place is family-run, and the younger family members speak good English. We can recommend to stay here, if you do not want to stay in the middle of the old town (and to be honest, who would, since the masses of tourists are overwhelming down there).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I loved my stay. Toni could not be more friendly or helpful if he tried - everything from coffee, juice or booking trips. The guesthouse has a lovely, family feel and is a short stumble down to the marina. Largely set away from the tourist areas it is a haven of peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Best for anyone wishing a peaceful time rather than being centre of the action
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
china
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

I book it through booking.com. he did not seem to remember me when we emailed till few days before my arrival. Demanded to see my booking document. Not a single smile. Need to tow my luggage up stairs(for a girl )
10 min from bus station, 30 min from old town by foot. without breakfast and shared bathroom, rather try rooms (zimmer)
Never speak a word about his organic garden. Not a bit of hospitality but a lot of hostility. Have never experience this with my years as a solo traveller.absolutely over-priced·

• Stayed May 2012
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Based on the other reviewers I must have had a one off experience. The room itself was ok. It was fairly clean, although the shared bathroom shower did not drain and was therefore always dirty. The location is very close to the bus station, and a pleasant 20 minute walk to the downtown area, which is the location I preferred.

The host was quite condescending and rude though. I let him know what time I was arriving, which was midnight. In his email, he sounded friendly and stated it was no problem- he would leave the front gate unlocked and I could knock on the door. The gate was not unlocked, and no one answered the bell. I finally called him on my cell (international call), and he came to the gate extremely annoyed. I thought it was just a one off, since it was late. In the morning he was friendly, but just hours later, he completely ignored me when I had a question. The following morning I got a tirade for asking if I could still order breakfast. I left after two days, as I did not want want to deal with his behavior anymore, so I left. I really did not ask many questions or favors and kept to myself, so I was surprised at his behavior. I cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Toni B, Manager at Bokun Guesthouse, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
I am really sorry that you felt like that but late check in does not mean 3AM and if i was cranky because I was sleeping and just woke up,I am sorry but does anyone wake up at 0300 and is smiling!?
We are working with reservation for breakfast and i just explained you that i can not buy food for all people in the house and then wait who will eat because i would be wasting a lot of food/money. I am sorry that this made you upset but this is how we work and i tried to explain you!!
When you informed me about late check in you should have stated 0300 because check in latest is 2200 and when you write late check in I am expecting 23-2400!!!
anyway, i am really sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations and you have my word of pardon,because we all work here so that our guests would feel like at home and in your case that was not it!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My friend and I stayed here back in July . It was a bit tricky to find, but once we go there, we were amazed. This place is family owned and reeks of charm. Our room had air conditioning - a difficult thing to find in Croatia - and was very reasonably priced. We had to share our bathroom with another room, but this wasn't a problem for us. Possibly the best part is the tables in the beautiful garden where you can eat your meals. You can also pay and the family will cook extra dinner for you. Everyone was so kind and generous and the place was just too picturesque for words. It is also a short walk/bus ride to town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bokun Guesthouse? Share your experiences!