“Excellent hotel...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Split
Riyadh
“Excellent hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

Excellent hotel, very friendly and homely atmosphere, Matthew was such a great host and we appreciate all his advise and being so accommodating throughout our stay.. Well done sir!

• Stayed November 2011

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

While I agree with other reviewers regarding the location and service, the rooms are quite basic and not in themselves worth the price.

The one issue which we had was that there was a distinct odor of sewer gas in the bathroom. I was able to aleviate this but probably merely passed it on to someone else. This is a problem I have not encountered anywhere else including the third world. I would be interested in the experiences of other reviewers regarding this issue: will it be fixed?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New Providence, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed two night here and enjoyed it very much. Matthew was willing to do whatever was needed to make our stay comfortable. The Villa Diana was only 5-10 minutes walk to the Old City. They offered free parking, which is a real plus in Split, since parking space is at such a premium in Split. The breakfast was outstanding. We were lucky to be assigned room 2, which is on the second floor - counting the entry level as the first floor (no elevators). We had a view of the sea out our front window. They have taken great pains to sound proof the rooms and have been successful. The hotel is right on the main street, not set back a block or two as Mappy seemed to indicate. The bathroom was small, but nicely tiled.

Room Tip: Room 2 was great!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I really enjoyed staying here. When I was not happy with the twin beds there and asked for a double they changed the room without any fuss. The people there were very friendly and informative and went out of their way to help. The hotel is very centrally located to the beaches and the Riva. Very closely situated to the old town and within easy access of the main attractions. I strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Tamworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night only early in September 2011. As promised in various e-mails prior to my arrival the owner had reserved me a parking space outside the hotel. Parking is scarce in Split so this was much appreciated. On my way to the hotel I had got a little lost and becasue i was late the hotel owner or one of the staff telephoned me to see if I was okay. When I explained the predicament he said that he would wait in the road adjacent to the hotel and look out for us. This he did and it helped us considerably.
On our arrival he was very friendly and helpful and accompanied me to the room and explained all that was necessary. He provided instructions for the next day when I had to collect ferry tickets from the port. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent and reasonably priced.
Breakfast was a usual mediteranean selection of good quality and choice, hot breakfasts were available.
Bedrooms and bathrooms were adequate and very clean. Wireless internet connection was available.
On the evidence of only one nights stay I would recommend this hotel which is fairly close to the City Centre, Port and Palace.

Room Tip: The hotel doesn't have many rooms so room choice will be limited but the rear of the hotel will...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

The host was very useful pointing out all the locations in Split to see or to avoid! Well located for the beach, town, and Ferry port. I'd also definitely recommend eating here. We had a great lunch here featuring some huge shrimps, and breakfast was good quality; my wife even called it the beat hotel breakfast she'd ever had!

The only downside to this hotel was the price of the room. I think it's more expensive than some other options in Split of similar quality and I perhaps would have expected a higher quality of maintenance.

• Stayed August 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011 via mobile

Amazing attitude, especially from Mathew. He gave us so much info that we needed , fetched us from the airport at 10.30pm, helped us find another accommodation last minute, showed us where to go for specific things, and was ultra friendly and spoke good English.

Great location, short walk to main areas, super clean, free wifi, air-conditioned, so many TV channels, free DVD's available to watch.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Hotel Villa Diana? Share your experiences!