“Comfortable City Hotel a Short Walk from Split's Waterfront” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Globo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lovretska 18, Split 21000, Croatia   |
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Split
Huntsville, Alabama
“Comfortable City Hotel a Short Walk from Split's Waterfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A good value - clean, comfortable room with a nice breakfast included. Desk staff were pleasant and helpful. A 10-minute walk thru a safe but unremarkable residential area leads you to Split's vibrant street scenes, ancient history and lovely waterfront. Air conditioning was a nice bonus since it was warm while we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Sir,
I'm really glad You enjoyed while stayed in our hotel.
I will pass Your words to hotel staff and believe it will help them in keeping our service on high level. Yes, September was still very warm in Split and I'm happy air condition was helpful and didn't destroy your overnight sleep.
Looking forward to accommodate You again and hope we'll see You soon in Hotel Globo.
Have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This is absolutely fine for a £100/night hotel just outside the city centre. Breakfast was ok, free wifi was good and rooms were clean and spacious enough. The walk into the centre takes about 10-15 minutes, and the whole of Split seems pretty safe so we weren't worried about walking back late at night.

It's 100% what you would expect; decent rooms and decent location, nothing special but we weren't disappointed given what we'd paid

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for sharing Your experience.
It is so great to see that we have fulfill Your expectations and that You felt good staying in our hotel.
Hope to see You again and wish You all the best.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you are looking for a decent hotel ,Hotel Globo is definitely the one. It´s not near the city center, but you can easily walk there. Nice room, wonderful breakfast, friendly staff. I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear,
It is so nice to see that You stayed with us in July, but still didn't forget Your experience and shared it now in September.
It is also great to read that You felt our Hotel Globo as a decent place, and liked our services, thank You.
Wish You a great day and hope to see You and accommodate in close future.
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were looking for a decent hotel to stay at over a weekend in Split. Hotel Globo was perfect. Clean, friendly reception and AWESOME free breakfast! Some of the reviews complained about it being out of the city center, but its really not an issue. Take 10 mins and stretch your legs people. It's very easy to get to restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Air conditioning was great, bathrooms were very nice. For what we paid- we were very happy. If you are looking for a NICE hotel that's not going to rob you, Hotel Globo is the spot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for being very pleased with Hotel Globo services.
I'm glad You enjoyed Your stay in our property and didn't mind walk of cca 10 min to get to Old town of Split City.
Your words and compliments will push us to work more and keep our service the way You explained and felt it.
Hope to have opportunity to welcome You again in our Hotel Globo and City of Split.
Have a great day and all the best.
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Not in the city center but close to it. Very cleaned, modern and comfortable rooms, free wi-fi, free room services (including pizzas from a real pizzeria) and available and kind staff make this hotel a very good choice.

• Stayed August 2013
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for taking time and writing a review for us.
I'm very happy You enjoyed Your stay in Hotel Globo and that You were well served.
Hopefully You will come back soon and give us opportunity to accommodate You again in our Hotel Globo.
Have a great day,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I read a few of the negatives below and I have to disagree with the writers. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Location - It's a 15 minute walk from Old Town. I arrived in Split by bus, and being on my own and dragging a suitcase around, it didn't take me long to find it. The location is much more quiet than if you were staying in the busy part of town, but that's why I liked it - sometimes it's nice to have some peace and quiet after a long day. I felt safe walking back from Old Town to the hotel at night. I didn't really mind what the surrounding area looked like, because as long as the hotel itself is clean and not run down, that's what matters.

Staff - Everyone was friendly with me. No problems there.

Room - My room was quite spacious, and it was cleaned daily. As for the view, it's not a view of the ocean but since I didn't spend all my time in my room looking out the window, that didn't bother me at all. Good wi-fi connection.

Breakfast - A good selection of hot/cold, sweet/savoury food.

Overall, I liked the hotel for what it offered for the the price I paid. I would recommend this if you're looking for somewhere comfortable to stay during your time in Split.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You very much for Your review and for being so detailed and honest about service You had in Hotel Globo. It is so nice and so motivating to hear that You enjoyed and felt well being our hotel guest.
We'll do our best to keep all these positive comments and keep our service in very high level for all our guests.
Thank You so much for these words, because it is so nice to see that all work we put together is so well worth of having a happy guest for spending time in our accommodation.
Hope to see You soon back in our Hotel Globo and City of Split.
Have a wonderful day,
Warren, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel staff is multi-lingual, friendly and helpful. They gave us multiple suggestions for beaches to visit. Room had a/c which was nice to have in the heat. Breakfast is normal European fair, with the exception of the ham that they carve for you. Very good.
Room was clean. Parking is out in open area behind hotel, which concerned us a bit, but was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
zanagugic, General Manager at Hotel Globo, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You for posting Your review and having a happy time in Hotel Globo.
I'm really glad You enjoyed Your stayed and found our staff helpful.
I'm so very sorry that You parked a car behind the hotel on the public parking, we have our private parking in the front of the hotel for all our guests.
Hope to be able to accommodate You and Your family in some close future and to provide You our hotel private parking.
Have a great day,

Been to Hotel Globo? Share your experiences!