“Crystal Clear Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brac Island (Otok Brac)

Brac Island (Otok Brac)
Activities: Swimming
4 attraction reviews
“Crystal Clear Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

From Split to Bol $12CAD Ferry ride (45 min ) Jadrolinija $10CAD Bus ride (45min)* don't take a cab it cost $10 per person. We liked this beach because it was clean with great waves and can get very deep. No need for swimming shoes even though it's not sandy.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
20 attraction reviews
“crystal clear water, pine trees coming down to the coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

During our 3day stay at the Dalmation coast, we enjoyed a daily excursion to the island of Brac.
Wonderfull beaches!! We swam in a perfect small beach near Splitska; crystal clear water, pine trees coming down to the coast. We also visited (and swam in) the famous Zlatny Rat; it is a unique place, no doubt, thus attracting millions of tourists (like us) so it is over-overcrowded..... We made a short stop in the village of Skrip - nice stone houses and an old church. The view of the nearby islands from the the top of the mountain was breathtaking. We also liked the port-town Supetar.
The ferry-tickets from Split are rather expensive (especially for the car), but it's worth, if you can afford it.

Visited August 2013
Sacramento
17 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My Grandmother's family came from this island so I decided to visit it and explore. I would have liked to explore some of the other villages but I spent most of my time exploring Postira where my family is from. The island itself is beautiful and scenic.

I visited in December and it was pretty warm. I had to take my jacket off while there.

Postira is gorgeous. Very mediterranian. Old stone buildings make it a very picturesque place to visit. There are 3rd century church ruins and 5th century monastery ruins which are very cool to see! The locals are friendly. In the off season there aren't any restaurants open so don't expect to eat there unless you know someone who lives there or you buy something from the market/shop.

It might be different in the bigger villages like Supetar or Bol. I'm sure they have restaurants open all year round. I have many plans to visit and explore the entire island and I can't wait for my next visit!

Visited December 2013
“Nice and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Liked athmosfare. Sea water was clear to swim and people ok. In some days couple showers but generally quite warm. Also cheaper than in Greece. Mostly people from continentall around. Good with children and not so much for young adults to party. Probably in ten years this place will be ruineid with overselling door mens and shops but luckily not today yet and one can be relaxed on your own.

Visited July 2014
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Go to Supetar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The town of Supetar is the port of landing for the ferry from Split to Brac.it is a beautiful island with wonderful views and lovely stone homes. there is plenty to do ranging from beaches to great restaurants, historic sites and some shopping. look for traditional coral jewelry or filigree silver designs. Plan to spend a few days and relax!

Visited July 2014