“Chops-Grill Great Restaurant in Split” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 214 Restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Mediterranean, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: CHOPS GRILL Steak & Seafood is located in Split centre, just off the Marmontova main street. We offer great steaks & seafood, pastas and salads all paired with carefully chosen Croatian wines. We also offer great choice of full breakfasts.Reservations are accepted for lunch, dinner & private parties. Chops Grill offers stylish indoor seating, spacious outdoor patio and an outdoor tent area that can be privatized.
Westwood Los Angeles County, California
“Chops-Grill Great Restaurant in Split”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My last night in Split, stormy. Chops-Grill was recommended by my hotel. The food and service were excellent. The salmon from Norway was perfect. I lived in a fishing town in California that is a top West Coast commercial salmon industry and the Norwegians and Chops-Grill have done it right. Gazpacho soup fresh and subtle, Italian salad was great and well presented. Interesting and delicious kale side dish, which Jasmine, the co-owner, explained the recipe to me. As reviewed by others, the service is top rate, courteous and friendly. And, I agree with other reviewers, Chops-Grill should be higher rated in Trip Advisor. Look at the Local Croatian diners' reviews! And don't miss the chocolate souffle!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Splitska, Croatia
“Fabulous Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was the best restaurant we found in split old town. The food and service were excellent and not a chip in sight. Salmon, tuna, monkfish and sea bass, all superb.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed in Split for 4 days and this was by far our favourite restaurant. When we first arrived it was very busy as they had a tour group, but the staff were very helpful, and after our wait even gave us desert on the house. The staff all spoke very good English and were able to explain the menu, which was written in Croatian and English.
The food is a mixture of traditional Croatian food and grill. All the fish was very fresh as we were by the coast. We ordered the seafood platter for 2 which came to 320 kn, so 160 kn each. This roughly translates into £17, and the plate was enormous! Definitely value for money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton
“Gorgeous food and the best service we received in Croatia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This place was so great my boyfriend and I went twice in our weeks holiday just so we could try their meat and the fish! It's a lovely restaurant and the staff were so efficient and helpful it really made me want to spend the whole night there. The first night we had a great waiter who was always helpful with food choices, drink choices and ensuring everything was ok. I really wish I got his name (a man in his 40's possibly) because he was so friendly he even remembered us the second time and welcomed us in!

The food is divine! The first night we shared a meat platter-very yummy. The second we have the daily offer-whole sea bass, was the best sea food I had out there and I love a bit of sea food!

I honestly can't fault the place. I'd recommend all my family and friends to go there!

Don't get confused about the few bad reviews (people just love a good moan don't they). Don't miss out on a lovely evening in split!

“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went hear on our last night in split, and was sorry we didn't go earlier as we would have gone more during our stay.
Great location tucked away in the old city with great outdoor seating. Waiter Robbie was brilliant, great knowledge of food and wine on offer. The food was perfect, me having the lamb chops and my fiance having the surf n turf steak and prawns for our main course. Chops were perfectly cooked and tastiest I have ever had. Steak was succulent
and shrimp sauce a delight.
Desserts were just as good, semifredo light and creamy and the chocolate souffle decedant yet light enough to enjoy after a steak meal.
If you are in split you have just got to eat hear, can't wait to go back.