Cheap but DEFINITELY not worth the skint.
- booked on booking.com ; booked a single bed in a 2 bed dorm. completely false advertisement and illegal I'm sure as I was told on arrival that they do not have such a thing and I can either stay in a 3 bed dorm, or an 8 bedder. 3 other travelers had similar rude shocks. As it was just for one night, I just lumped it.
- 200kuna 'deposit'!!! Nothing in the hostel costs that much and the 2 keys were definitely not gold plated.
- 3 of us had our deposits unjustifiably withheld resulting in a 3 hour delay on the morning of check out.
Reason; I had done a wash in the 'staff only' washing machine as the local laundrette was closing by the time I got to Split. Found out later that the hostel charges 75Kuna for a wash (mentioned on a very little sign stuck onto a cupboard and not on the main noticeboard.daylight robbery. 10 Euros! Aforementioned laundrette on Sperun - 25Kuna) and agreed to have it deducted from said deposit.
The guy who told me of the charge had just instructed the person on duty the day after to withhold mine as I had allegedly 'supplied washing powder' to 2 other girls to do washes in the machine after me. These girls had their deposits withheld as they had allegedly used the machine without permission. These girls were also guests who had been tricked into the '2 bed dorm' scheme and because we had gotten talking about it....it may have rubbed management up the wrong way.
Proof he had of illegal clothes washing - he saw it on video camera from home. WTF?!?!!?!?!?
Needless to say, couldn't show us the footage, I won't take any of his crap. Got the money back.
- video cameras.....and not informed about them being there.....WHY?
- Extremely odd staff and very dead, unfriendly atmosphere. No hellos, or usual hostel banter.
- All your kit (linen, pillow, towel) is found in your designated locker. Felt prison/camp-like to me.
- Lots of signs everywhere with silly restrictions - i.e; 'your deposit will be forfeited if you leave your belongings on a bed that's not yours'.
- There is someone there manning the 'desk' from 8-5(?)pm and co-ordinating to have someone there outside these hours is a huge hassle.
- No common area/breakout space, no kitchen - not even a toaster or kettle or.....anything, random shower areas - one with a jacuzzi with marble floors that get disgustingly dirty and slippery, and a blocked shower enclosure.
Thankfully, it was clean.
Sorry, no photos as I did not want a memory of this place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hostel Sweet Dreams Accommodations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.