“Our guide made our tour perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 65 Activities in Split
San Diego
4 attraction reviews
“Our guide made our tour perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had the absolute pleasure of having Marija as our tour guide in Dubrovnik. She was so informed on the history of the area and made our tour absolutely perfect. I booked with Alan and there was a mix up on my part for the meeting time and when I called him he worked it all out and had our guide meet us at a later time. I was so grateful. Alan always answered every e-mail and phone call. Very professional service. What a great day thanks in large part to Marija. I HIGHLY recommend this tour service.

Visited May 2013

Silver Spring, MD
30 attraction reviews
“Wish I could give this 10 stars!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am shocked that I am the first to review Alan's simply awesome Secret Dalmatia Day Tours. Yes, I consider myself on a first name basis with Alan, but not because I knew him before taking my trip to Croatia, but after approximately 90 emails back and forth (NOT JOKING) and 2-3 phone calls (Alan called me)...I feel we are that close! :) This is just the beginning of the kind of service you can expect from him. I have used many other tour groups in Europe before and Secret Dalmatia is by far, the best. I just wish he could expand to other countries!!!

I had many questions to ask Alan. There was so much I wanted to do in Croatia and the surrounding Bosnia/Herzegovina area...just not enough time to do everything (there's never enough time!). I finally settled on three excursions. The first had a driver meeting us at our hotel in Dubrovnik and drive us to Mostar...we had a separate walking guide in Mostar and then our driver drove us to Split where we picked up our rental car. Apparently, the driver (Ivan) that we got was not our original driver. Our original driver got sick and was replaced by Ivan. I mention this because, in other outfits, this most likely would have caused a cancellation or an interruption of some sort. Not here. In fact, we did not even know there had been a problem until after the fact. This is how professional Alan's company is! Both Ivan and Sacha (our guide in Mostar) were excellent! Then, we did a truffle hunt in Vrh. This was so much fun and Zdenka (our guide) was lovely!!! Everyone there was amazing and oh my gosh...the food...so good!! Lastly, we had Alan send us a person to drive us all around the Istra region. I decided to plan my own itinerary and just have our driver take us to each of the places I planned.. Bozo (unfortunately, I have no accent for the z here...pronounced Bozho), was our driver and he was amazing! He took us to Pula, Porec town and Baredine caves, Matosevic Winery and then back to Rovinj. It was a perfect day with plenty of time to do everything!

Seriously, I will call Alan the dream maker. Anything I dreamed up, Alan worked with and made come true and with what I felt were great prices!!! If you haven't guessed with all my gushing here, I would recommend Secret Dalmatia wholeheartedly for your tailored, private tour needs!

Visited May 2013