We stayed at this hotel after a week on a boat seeing the croatian coast and were so glad we did.
Catching a taxi from the city centre (60 kuna off the meter or 50 kuna on the meter) you are presented with a gorgeous looking hotel in a residencial area close but not too close to the sea (5/10 minutes walk down via a lift/some stairs). The staff in the huge reception hall are very friendly and keen to help, luckily for us I stay a large amount of Radissons and we were upgraded to a suite.
The suite was huge room split into sections by dividing walls, large seating area with it's own telly, bedroom and bathroom with bath in the centre of the room and walk in shower area.
If you can ask for a room with a view of the sea, we had a large balcony with views of the sea and the pool area, perfect to relax and read a book on whilst your partner is having a snooze.
The outside pool area is well laid out and not too busy but if it is warm enough take the 10 minute life ride and walk down to the sea where there is a fairly private bar surrounded by deck chairs next to the lovely croatian sea. There you have a option of ladder down to the sea, or you can relax on the beaches to the side of decking.
Anyway to the Good and Bad things:
- The breakfast - it was extensive with plenty of options for the hungry traveller, so good in fact we went twice on the same day.(we were there for 6am and then for 10am).
The cooked breakfast is an european take on it and very enjoyable,.
- The pool - we didn't spend much time there but it was lovely
- The beach area - perfect for a hot day, but service here is slow and ineffectual, food expensive for what it is.
- the reception staff - keen to help
- Taxis - there are constant supply at the front and were the best we encountered in Split.
- the hotel and room - one of the best Radisson i have ever stayed in
- the serving staff at the beach area and in the Caper Grill - disinterested and serving fairly bland food at expensive prices.
- the local area - as mentioned by others the hotel is a bit out of town and there isn't much in the local area to do, but the town is only a taxi ride away.
My girlfriend loved the experience and couldn't be happier. I would definately recommend staying here if you are in Split but take time to look on tripadvisor and have dinner outside the hotel. Even with the taxi you'll probably save money and will enjoy the food more.
Go for the room with a Sea view.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
3 weeks ago
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you kindly for the very detailed review of our property. We are very happy indeed to read that you enjoyed staying with us while all the concerns you have raised have all been looked at and are used in order to improve the overall guest experience at our hotel. Thank you once again as we look forward to being your friendly hosts upon your return to Split.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.