All in all we really enjoyed our 2 night stay!
We were checked in by Ivico who was extremely polite and welcoming. We were given room 435, so on the fourth floor overlooking the entrance, with a view on city, mountains and a some sea.
The room was delightful: very light, spacious, large balcony, walk in shower (no bath but wasn't missed) and very comfortable bed. Probably the nicest Radisson room I've stayed in to date.
Our stay included breakfast which was a highlight. I think it's the best breakfast I've ever had in a hotel and trumped some delicious Hilton breakfasts I've enjoyed! Definitely the best Club Carlson breakfast I've had. There was a vast choice and everything tasted so fresh. We could choose our table, inside or out. First day we went outside initially but it was very bright and we hadn't taken our sunglasses so quickly retreated inside.
The staff throughout the stay were very helpful and polite. We were very impressed by how kind and welcoming they were.
The spa was great. The outside pool was closed when we were there (mid April) but was apparently opening in a few days. The indoor pool was quite cool so very refreshing! Be warned that it seems many guests enjoy saunas without clothes. There are 3 saunas, 2 mini plunge type pools, 1 relaxation room, 1 indoor pool and 1 outdoor pool.
The main downside of room was the lack of air conditioning to cool the room down. We were told that AC was not working to cool room down, only heat it up. As such, the room was around 23-24 degrees celsius and the only way to cool it down was by opening the balcony window, which did quickly cool the room down, but at night it was too loud outside from the road to keep it open all the time. Room 435 was just above where the taxi drivers wait for the hotel guests so sometimes you could hear them chatting away which could bother some people I suppose - they didn't make any noise in the late evening though.
The 1st night we slept well, opening the window at one point during the night because it was too warm for us. The second night we slept less well. Because the AC wasn't on in our room, I could hear a noise in another room which sounded like a heater or something similar going on then off, on then off, every minute or so. I'm a light sleeper, so ended up using my earplugs in the whole time the second night. My wife slept OK though, so I put it down to me being a light sleeper. I do think however if the AC had been on and cooling, we would have had it on all night and so we would have slept better.
The bathroom was lovely and the shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and moisturising cream delightful.
- Breakfast is fabulous, and served from 6:30-11am. Make the most of it and leave plenty of time!
- On the basement floor (-1) there is a door at the back of the hotel which leads to a path which is just 3 mins to the beach. From there you can walk along the coast which is a lovely walk.
- Parking is offered on site for €9. You can park offsite for free if you like but no protection although seemed safe enough.
- There is a fantastic restaurant a 10 minute walk away definitely worth checking out called 'konoba nevera'. Outstanding food and TridAdvisor top 5 in Split so worth trying. We did and loved it!
Small points hotel could improve on in my opinion:
- Our room was warm (24 degrees celsius) after trying to switch the air conditioning on and then phoning reception as couldn't get it working, we were informed that it was only working to heat the room and so should open the window. I thought this was a bit surprising given 4 star status and expect we were at the start of things getting warmer so AC will be on soon.
- 1st minor point - The teas and coffee allocation in room was very stingy - 1 coffee, 1 earl grey tea bag, 1 mint tea bag. This was a bit mean I thought and much fewer than in other Club Carlson hotels. Of course we could have phoned for reception for more.
- 2nd minor point - There was no iron in the room. Again surprising given 4 star status and only Club Carlson I've stayed in that didn't have one in room. Of course we could phone for reception for one.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.