“Microwaved??” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
NYC
“Microwaved??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I only tried the pizza here. Much to my dismay as a New Yorker, the pizza was microwaved. That's right, I ordered a slice and the woman at the counter promptly put it in the microwave. A little piece of me died when this happened, but the langage barrier prevented me from canceling my order.

In None's defense, I later observed many, if not all, other similar shops doing the same with pizza and sandwiches.

Do yourself a favor and skip the pizza at this type of place if this makes you sad.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious bruchetta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good choice for quick lunch/sandwich: grilled sandwiches not made beforehand, but on the spot and of excellent quality. We tried the "bruchetta None", we paid 30hkr for a double one (2persons). The bread was home made and the taste was good! We stayed inside because of rain (only few tables) and during our 30min stay, a lot of locals took out their lunch as well!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good Croatian fast food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Blagogajnica None (Grandma's) does a steady take-out business. It also has a few small tables. In March (low season), the selection was limited: pizzas, hamburgers, fries, but also some good Croatian fare: cevapi served with ajvar (the cevapi were good, not great), soparnik (a sort of thin double-crust pizza filled with spinach or blitva [Croatian chard]. They also chopped and grilled fresh veggies on request. The menu on the wall included a lot of meat dishes that weren't available, but I'm guessing it's because we were there in low season. If you want a quick, tasty meal, None is a great choice. It's on Bosanska street, which goes along the western side of Diocletian's Palace.

• Visited March 2012