“Nice setting but...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Berlin, Germany
“Nice setting but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was dissappointed with the food and prices of this restaurant. I opted for a night out in Split and selected this one based on its nice interior and interesting menu. I chose the Gratinated Scallops with shrimp as an entree. Out came small shrimp saturated in a garlic sauce with a scallop on top. While it wasn't bad I expected more from the description in the menu. For main I selected seabass. It was well cooked and served with a delicious spinach side dish. Unfortunately the price of the meal did not match the quality. Overpriced due to its location.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
DC
“Pleasant get-away from the heat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

On a scorcher of a Sunday when it seemed cruise boat tour groups were everywhere and the streets (alleyways?) and restaurant/cafés in Diocletian’s Palace were mobbed, this proved to be the perfect alternative. Just a very short and interesting walk from the Iron Gate (away from the Clock Tower and past City Hall and then the fish market), Bajamonti Restaurant sits at the head of the Republike Square with an open view out to the sea that channels the breeze off the ocean up to the seating areas --- both outside and it. On this particular August day after all the sightseeing and heat, what we were looking for most was something cool and refreshing in the way of food and drink. We found it here. Our meal consisted of one of the best Greek salads we’ve had, great Croatian prosciutto with olives, tuna carpiccio over mico-greens, a tender squid salad and some local Croatian wine. The portions were reasonable to large, and certainly enough to share around. The service was fine even with a moderately full restaurant, and the prices reasonable. The only reason for the four and not the five rating is because we recognize our dining selection was not broad enough to give a full assessment of all they had to offer. But from what we had, it was a very positive experience.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Heerenveen
“Mixed feelings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had one of the best risottos in a while, but than the steak came overcooked and without any side dish. When I asked about it I was told that I haven't ordered it. Since I was not told by the waiter if I want any side dish I didn't think to look at the last page for the side dishes which are separately ordered and charged. At the end dessert was amazing, so I give it very good hoping it will improve.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Awful service and they charged me 5 euros for a raw tomato. Furious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

A very appealing place to eat on republic square could not have been more disappointing. I realise we visited at high season but no excuse for the abominable service. We were prett much ignored for our whole meal and had to go out of our way to get attention of a very rude waiter. What's more the food seemed to at least make up for it with two decent starters, but mains were just unacceptable. A single seabass fillet the size of two fifty pence pieces was insulting, and when no vegetarian option was available on the menu (understandable) but we tried to improvise by ordering several side orders including grilled veg. When it arrived it was simply a slimy plate of courgette and auger one smothered in oil, perhaps a nice side dish but when we explained that one member of the party was vegetarian and asked for a bit of tomato in it to break it up a bit we waited 20 mis to receive a bowl of one fresh tomato chopped up and were horrified to be charged five euros for the privilege, we waited 45 mins for the desert menu and then another 20 for the bill. I couldn't wait to get out and share the awful experience as dining at this place is certain,y not a cheap mistake!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“The worst evening of whole holiday :0”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

The nicest city in Croatia, you think that you are going with beutiful memories and after all that...please don't go in this place! We wait for our order whole hour, there is no apologize but there is cold meal, a lot of angry, suprised looks from oder guests on bad way, of corse.
However, best wishes for Your holiday time and stay away from "Bajamonti" for Your own good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere