“There are some places you don't need to return” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 195 restaurants in Split
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: the we site of the restaurant is www.restorankadena.com
Moscow, Russia
“There are some places you don't need to return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Last time we've been there was two years ago. That visit ended with a huge entry in compliant book. We came for a dinner and had 2 hours of suffering. Same time at the table next to us was a big group with a local guide. They came after us but had the whole dinner with deserts before we could have a starter. I was very upset if not to say more.
This time we had 5 days in split after spending 16 days on a boat traveling croatian south, visiting the best places and restaurants. We checked all favorite places in split and decided to check this one again. From the first moment the waiter didn't like us. We refused to take a look to their fish plate as we're tired of eating fish and came for some pasta and meat for my husband. I took a broccoli soup with shrimps and pasta with truffles and shrimps. My husband oysters, same soup and meat with truffle sauce. The soup was cold, my pasta was overcoocked and truffles from the can, the meat for my husband was hard as a stone. He ate only the side dish pasta. My daughter's veal was ok.
Besides the waiter was very unpleasant. He avoided our table, every time we were needed to ask the waiter from another table. She was vey nice.
So I would definitely say that this place doesn't cost the time and money you spend. For the last 5 years I found that There are more beautiful places in Split.

76% Recommend
montreal
“Terrific seafood with a panoramic view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful selection of fresh fish. Our scorpion fish was perfect and so were coquilles St Jacques gratinee. The chocolate profiteroles were some of the best I ever had. Prices are not excessive considering the quality.
They also offer a selection of wine by the glass though in tiny quantities (100 ml) only and the sommelier was reluctant to provide us with a fuller tasting, presumably because most people order by the bottle.
The place gets really full by 8:30pm so its worthwile to get there earlier. We got there at 7pm with no reservation and the service was reasonably attentive but I can imagine it being a problem later on.
Request a table on the terrace by the outside wall for best views and ambience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Split, Croatia
“Probably the best restaurant in Split”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great service, very good decor and reliably good food. I have been a regular for over a year and I have never had a bad meal here. Sommelier is also a nice touch, and he can be trusted.

Visited August 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
“One of the best restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Famouse restaurant in Split
Good quisine!
Not far from Radisson Blue Hotel
Good wine, fresh fish and another food!
Friendly staff

Visited September 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Service was ok, sommelier was ok, steak was overcooked, no proper reaction from the staff. Again, average. View is great though.

Visited February 2012