“Solid local food, good location” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Solid local food, good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The restaurant is on a nice square just outside the walls of the old palace. The area is a tourist trap and the prices and menus reflect this (prices of all the restaurants around here are high and the menus all look the same).
I would not describe the service as friendly but it was efficient, our order was taken quickly and our food arrived in short order. We shared a mixed grill, it was a very generous portion and we could not finish all the food. The food was tasty and simple.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Unbearable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The experience was unbearable- I wanted to cry when leaving because I couldn't stand the fact that I spent money there. First of all the service was by far the worst I ever experienced- there were 3 waiters who chatted and flirted with each other and left us waiting for 10min without menue. Do NOT expect words such as 'hello', 'thank you' or and good manners here!!!
And the food was bad... in my quattro formaggi pasta there were pieces of cheese that were not melted which makes me guess they only heat up food. But one thing they sure know how to do- overprice the food.
Mark my words and avoid this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

After nearly two weeks spent in Split trying different restaurants, in my opinion, this is easily the best restaurant in Split. Try ordering a steak in green pepper sauce for 160 kuna, it's definitely worth the money.

The restaurant is always full around 9-10p.m. and even has a line up of people outside waiting to fit in. The line won't take long, what I've seen it took around 5 minutes for everyone, as there are a lot of tables, most of which outside.

The service is very good and done with respect towards the customer. It could be slightly better, but it's very good Food came quite fast and so did the bill after asking for it. I visited this restaurant three times and would easily reccomend it to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We had a fabulous meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We ate here last night - our first night in Split. We've been all around Croatia (my boyfriend is Croatian) and we've eaten in some wonderful restaurants. We really loved our meal. We both had seafood pasta dishes - he had the shrimp pasta in truffle sauce and I had the gnocchi with shrimp and salmon. We both completely cleaned our plates, and as a travel agent, I would recommend this place to clients AND friends. Customer service in Croatia can be hit-or-miss, and we did notice that one of the other waiters on the floor was not as pleasant to his tables - but our waitress was great - we gave her a really nice tip. Plus, we had a great table by the edge of the awning - with a beautiful view of the architecture and the people passing by.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
uk
“average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The food was ok, the service was ok and the atmosphere was ok. You can eat so well in Split so I would avoid this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere