“Basic, clean and inexpensive with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Rustica

You added Hotel Casa Rustica to your Saves list
Hotel Casa Rustica
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6th Ave Norte # 8 | Sacatepequez, Antigua 03001, Guatemala   |
Ranked #46 of 76 Hotels in Antigua
“Basic, clean and inexpensive with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Came for a day, stayed for three, great location, felt safe, basic rooms but what more do you need to sleep. Loved it. Great WiFi, Just a short walk to old churches and central park. Really laid back got some laundry done, hot showers.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with three friends at the last minute due to a reservation mix-up with another hotel. The room was impeccably clean and comfortable and the hotel itself was very nice. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately there is a club or bar next door with music and a DJ that literally shake the windows until about 1am. At least their music selection was decent, but if what you want is to sleep, you might want to look elsewhere.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Basic rooms. Asked the maid to use unscented products and she obliged. Everyone there was very helpful and professional. The bar next door is noisy some nights, but we managed to sleep through it. The location was great. It made us feel safer walking home at night because it was so central and busy. Need to update the sheets. Clean, but stained and tattered.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

To start with something fairly positive, this is an average hotel with clean rooms. However, there are some negative points I have to stress out. First of all, it is next to a disco which has loud music during the night. You can literally hear the people sing along. Secondly our true bad experience began when the power went off in the outside building right before I wanted to go to bed. Since I was showering I was waiting for it to get on again. After ten minutes I walked downstairs to the concierge who didn't even noticed yet the power was off. The concierge tried to fix it but didn't succeed. Since my girlfriend was already in bed (we had to get up at 4 in the morning for a transfer to Guatemala City) switching rooms was no option. When I told the concierge that we had a problem (who can pack a suitcase at 4 in the morning when it is dark and power is off?) he said it was not his problem. I insisted in getting a refund and asked him to call the manager. First he called the receptionist who had booked our room. She said she couldn't give me a refund because she gave me a 'special' price (just got a few dollars off the price bargaining). Half way our conversation she cut the line. I insisted on calling the real manager and the concierge called her, she sounded more reasonable but didn't come up with a solution.
I was tired and wanted to go to bed, so I rest my case. The concierge was clearly annoyed and yelled something unfriendly to me in Spanish.
After 20 min when I was trying to get asleep I heard a boiler getting on and off every few minutes and a man was running up and down the stairs. It took me a while to understand what happening but when I went outside my room a plumber was fixing the boiler and shower in the room next to me and right above. It was already 1 am.
Two hours later when I woke up I took my stuff and left the building. The concierge gave me a little refund (15 dollars) for the inconvenience. I didn't even want to argue any more, I just wanted to leave.
So far my experience with this hotel. Don't go here if you want a good night sleep, either the disco or the unfriendly staff will keep you awake.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

being over priced i expected a little more than a cramped room and a cheap uncomfortable bed. the staff are not helpful and the owner showed a general lack of interest in talking to clients.....keep looking there are much better places for better prices

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Casa rustica on route to San Pedro. The hotel was strangely arranged with a pool table awkwardly in the middle of your way when checking in. The front desk staff were not helpful with suggestions for food. The other guests had to step in and offer suggestions. The american owner (presumably) was right there behind the desk but remained silent when I was trying to communicate with the staff who had little English. He could have easily assisted in our stilted communication. My room was $42 with a shared bathroom that was not close to the room. My room was cramped with a double bed and a single bed but only had room for either beds on its own. The ceiling was low and the combination of all the beds made the room feel claustrophobic. When I got into the bed the mattress was very saggy on one side and I could feel the metal insides pressing into my back. Luckily I was very tied because I could hear house music pumping from a nearby club. Overall an "okay" hotel but don't expect too much in regards to comfort and I believe it was over priced.

• Stayed November 2013
Orje, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We arrived to this hotel with three motorcycles without reservation. The very friendly staff,and the owner found the last available room.They helped us park our bikes inside the hotel securely and efficient(Thank you!) We got a three bed room with shared bathroom,but very clean.The bathroom was cleaned often and was not a drawback at all.The room was nice,clean and comfortable. The hotel also sits on a very central location and you are close to the nightlife in Antigua,and the central park.
The staff at Casa Rustica really made us feel like home,great value!

Very recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Casa Rustica? Share your experiences!