We had the "petite" room for $80, and it was quietly tucked away behind the office. The bed was fluffy and comfy, super clean, well lit and romantic. There's not much walking space in the room though. Authentic Guatemalan decor on the walls. After visiting Lake Atitlan for a week, we returned and had a bigger room #7 but it cost more, of course. $135. To get to it, we walked through the lovely living room, over a shallow pond of stepping stones. At night, the path is lit up with candles. Not too good if you expect to drink a lot! ;) The wi-fi worked okay in the first room near the office, spotty in other areas, best in the living room. Each room has TV & cable, robes, plenty of shampoo/conditioner/lotion in the bathrooms, so you don't need to take your own. Even a complimentary toothbrush, toothpaste, and shoe shine stuff.
There's a tiny swimming pool but I think it's too cold to actually get in. Better to sit on the lounge chairs and get some sun.
Breakfast in the rooftop garden was so nice in the mornings and our server was always smiling. One morning we walked up by 8:15 and all the tables were taken, but we sat at the bar, no problem. They offer eggs with chapin salsa (not spicy at all), omeletes, pancakes, fresh fruit and juices, rolls with butter and jam. When our shuttle driver arrived too early one morning, our server quickly boxed up our breakfast for the road. Melvin at the desk is super friendly and helpful with restaurant or tour suggestions.
It's a short walk to the market, plaza and restaurants, but it's a very pleasant walk, and you'll need the exercise after all the excellent food you'll be eating. Always felt safe in this gorgeous city. There's tourist police in many areas to help you out.
There are cheaper places to stay in Antigua, but they don't have all the little touches that make Casa Encantada so special.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Encantada Hotel Antigua
- Casa Encantada Hotel
- Casa Encantada Antigua Guatemala
- Casa Encantada Hotel Antigua Guatemala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Encantada is Antigua's newest boutique hotel and exemplifies a small, elegant, understated hotel with the utmost in comfort and personal service. For the convenience of the international traveler, members of the staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish. Located in the historic city of Antigua, Casa Encantada features nine individually decorated guest rooms and a magnificent terrace suite. The breakfast-terrace and bar overlook the flowering gardens and private pool, which are nestled in a courtyard amidst hanging bougainvillea and towering shade trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Casa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.