“Pure Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Encantada

Save Saved
You added Casa Encantada to your Saves list
Casa Encantada
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9a Calle Poniente y 4a Avenida Sur Esquina #1, Antigua, Guatemala   |
Offers & Announcements
Oferta en Ceiba Porta Spa
Ranked #15 of 76 Hotels in Antigua
Tula, Mexico
“Pure Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

One of the most relaxing holidays I have ever taken,the hotel is small,intimate and friendly.The staff are helpful,cooperative and do everything in their power to help you.There is a larger hotel across the street owned by the same company where you can use all of the facilities,swimming pool,spa etc.
We found the location to be far enough away from the centre of town to be a quiet but close enough to walk into every night.
A little noisy in the early morning from the traffic but easily solved if you ask for an internal room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

After 12 long years I finally returned to Antigua, Guatemala for my Aunt's and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. I stayed at Casa Encantada for 4 nights (9/20 - 9/23/12) and I must say it was a great experience all around! I stayed in one of the rooms in which you had to cross the stone walkway (over water). I thought this was a very cool feature although I must admit I was scared that I might slip off the stones on a drunken night.

The hotel is situated 4 long blocks away from the Central Park. It's in a quieter section of the town which was great for sleeping in. The hotel is very small (I believe there are 16 rooms) and has staff on hand 24/7. Its intimacy is quite charming. The friendly staff and intimate settings made me feel as if I was staying at a family member's home. I often lounged in the comfy living room directly outside of my room. Breakfast on the rooftop patio was the highlight of my morning. The coffee and food were both amazing and it was definitely service with a smile.

During my stay I met a couple who were spending a few nights and they told me that they've been to other hotels in the past but having since discovered Casa Encantada they continue to return. I think I will do the same on future trips. At its price point, its a steal!!! Thank you Casa Encantada for my great stay. I look forward to returning (Semana Santa maybe?).

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 2nd floor with a view, go for it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel can be under the B&B type, the hotel in general is very nice, romantic and clean. I do share the comments on the size of the rooms and bathroom, very small and you barely have space to walk inside them. I got the room that is next to the kitchen so it wasnt as nice as the other rooms, that are inside the hotel. But the breakfast was very good and served in large portions. I would definitely go back to this hotel but asked for a different room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Casa Encantada could be translated "delightful house" in English, and it truly is a lovely place to stay in the colonial town of Antigua Guatemala. Our room was accessed across stepping stones in the pond patio area; no detail was overlooked for comfort; the staff were friendly and helpful; breakfast on the rooftop patio was a treat! It truly was a delightful experience that we hope to repeat someday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Loved this place.The room was great. We stayed in room #1, and it was a queen bed..the King beds are across the stone walk way over water...our room window had wood doors to close so the room was completely dark, the shower was a good size and great water pressure. someone posted that the room was small, well while it isn't big there is seating outside by the small pool or up on the roof that overlooks the city and where you have breakfast. a few mornings I needed my coffee before I could face the world and they brought a tray to my room..the hospitality was great and I would love to stay there again...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Traveling solo can be either liberating or frustrating, depending upon several factors. The features of one's accommodations constitute a fundamental consideration, because they greatly influence one's enjoyment of activities and can offer a much needed refuge for relaxation, as they may eliminate additional decision-making and unexpected tribulations, while enhancing the pleasures of a vacation in a foreign country.

The Casa Encantada offers its guests an intimate experience of comfort, unique aesthetic features, as well as personalized service that is nearly impossible to find in larger hotels. In fact, the personnel are so attentive to the needs of each guest that they can anticipate requests before they need to be asked. This kind of personal yet quite professional service is, indeed, a rare opportunity for most travelers, but it is a standard by which the Casa Encantada adheres and can be antipated by every guest. For instance, the receptionists know every guest by name and routinely ask what they can do to make one's stay even more enjoyable. And the waitresses remember your favorite menu, as you begin your day with a delightful breakfast on the terrace of the hotel. All of this is provided without sacrificing your privacy, as you enjoy the hotel's charming and attractive art and decor.

In addition, each room is unique, while offering lovely views of the floral gardens. My particular room featured the restful sounds of a trickling spring and privacy secured by a shallow pool of water. Large, flat stones that rose above water level provided a path to the entrance door of my room and was never trafficked by any other guests. Can one ask for more?

I highly recommend the Casa Encantada for a relaxing visit to Antigua and look forward to returning next year. With only 10 guest rooms, I would suggest that you make your reservations well in advance. You will not be disappointed, I am certain. Antigua offers larger, more expensive hotels, but I doubt that they can provide the charm and professional yet personal service found at the Casa Encantada. Five stars -- without a doubt.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite attractive. Room 9 is smaller than the others, but the hotel uses this room onl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fernando X, Gerente at Casa Encantada, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear JohnG2012,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and we'd like to thank you for choosing us, it was a great pleasure having you at Casa Encantada. I’ll be pleased to pass on your wonderful comments to our staff! Which encourage us to keep up with the good work. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcome you again!

Kind Regards,
Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepequez, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is owned by Hotel Antigua. All the food is walked down from Hotel Antigua and the food is good. We stayed a few days in the suite here at Encantada. It was AMAZING. Since I live in Antigua, I wasn't interested in sightseeing and so we stayed up on the balcony all day. Sometimes, we look for a mini get-a-way. The room was very clean and the service was really good. Sometimes in Guatemala, service is spotty, but they were always more than happy to give us anything we wanted and service truly was with a smile. The last morning, the waitress even offered to hold our baby while we ate. It was very quiet and serene here too.

The suite is more expensive than the regular rooms, but was worth every penny. The suite was honestly one of the best places I've stayed in here in Antigua.

Room Tip: There is only one suite here and it is amazing. Located on the top floor, it has a very large whirl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Casa Encantada? Share your experiences!