After 12 long years I finally returned to Antigua, Guatemala for my Aunt's and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. I stayed at Casa Encantada for 4 nights (9/20 - 9/23/12) and I must say it was a great experience all around! I stayed in one of the rooms in which you had to cross the stone walkway (over water). I thought this was a very cool feature although I must admit I was scared that I might slip off the stones on a drunken night.
The hotel is situated 4 long blocks away from the Central Park. It's in a quieter section of the town which was great for sleeping in. The hotel is very small (I believe there are 16 rooms) and has staff on hand 24/7. Its intimacy is quite charming. The friendly staff and intimate settings made me feel as if I was staying at a family member's home. I often lounged in the comfy living room directly outside of my room. Breakfast on the rooftop patio was the highlight of my morning. The coffee and food were both amazing and it was definitely service with a smile.
During my stay I met a couple who were spending a few nights and they told me that they've been to other hotels in the past but having since discovered Casa Encantada they continue to return. I think I will do the same on future trips. At its price point, its a steal!!! Thank you Casa Encantada for my great stay. I look forward to returning (Semana Santa maybe?).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Encantada is Antigua's newest boutique hotel and exemplifies a small, elegant, understated hotel with the utmost in comfort and personal service. For the convenience of the international traveler, members of the staff are fluent in English, French and Spanish. Located in the historic city of Antigua, Casa Encantada features nine individually decorated guest rooms and a magnificent terrace suite. The breakfast-terrace and bar overlook the flowering gardens and private pool, which are nestled in a courtyard amidst hanging bougainvillea and towering shade trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Encantada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Encantada Antigua Guatemala
- Casa Encantada Hotel Antigua Guatemala