“Good value, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Posada Los Bucaros

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Antigua
Posada Los Bucaros
You added Posada Los Bucaros to your Saves list
7 Av. Norte 94, Antigua, Guatemala   |
Ranked #36 of 76 Hotels in Antigua
CR
“Good value, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I spent three nights at Los Bucaros, and enjoyed the hotel. As a woman traveling alone, and with minimal Spanish, I felt very safe in the hotel and the surrounding neighborhood. My room was very clean. It was set in an interior courtyard with a window only on the courtyard, so it was a little dark. The first night, there was a problem with the hot water, but after that, I had unlimited hot water. Most of the staff did not speak English, but were helpful and we managed to communicate with my bad Spanish. They provided directions, information on the city, andI booked a coffee plantation tour through them. There was a nice kitchen which you can use for storing food or preparing meals.
Pluses: quiet at night, two big courtyards, free internet, free water and coffee, friendly and helpful staff, good neighborhood, good value at $35 for a single
Minuses: does not take credit cards, noisy in the morning, lots of tour groups, breakfast not included

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I arrived at the hotel and no one spoke English. Because of this language barrier, no one could explain to me that although I booked 4 months ago, the hotel was full and I was staying at an annix 2 blocks down.

This hotel was absolutely awful. There was no organization and they had no idea I was staying with them. Once in my room, things did not get better. I had no hot water, the sheets had hair all through them and the bathroom was disgusting.

There was also a guy practicing his DJing on a laptop late at night.

Luckily the next night I was able to stay at Los Bucaros. Once I had finally got what I paid for, everything was fine. Although, if you are on the ground floor- don't expect to sleep past 7am as it is very noisy.

• Stayed January 2012
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed with a tour three separate times in November, 2011. The staff were fantastic, and it was a great base to explore Antigua.

Even getting into Antigua late at night and speaking minimal Spanish, the front desk staff were attentive, and easy to deal with. Rooms were large and well kept. Very easy walk to get to the attractions in town, and laundry and great coffee shop are nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Only 5 minutes from Santa Catarina arch is a converted colonial building with approx 20 rooms. Very helpful staff who are happy to book tours. Valuables can be left in the safe in reception. Good size rooms, hotel has plenty or character and has been very well restored. Stayed here for 3 nights after a group trip ended in this hotel. Cost 40 usd for single, 50 usd for double. Hotel does not accept credit cards and only found this out on arrival. Did not try the buffet breakfast (only found out about it on the last morning), although there are plenty of options for breakfast nearby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

The hotel is delightful, excellent accommodation. The service is probably the best I've had. The hotel owner is always making sure that you have everything you need. The hotel staff is excellent at making you feel comfortable.

Breakfast was delicious every day. Reservation process was effortless. The transportation service from and to the airport is excellent. I have absolutely no complaint.

I had the opportunity to visit other hotels in Antigua Guatemala and I totally recommend Los Bucaros over all others.

Room Tip: The rooms in the second floor have a beautiful view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
El Remate, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

It has been an awesome two years of staying in this beautiful and peaceful place. I Am a senior tour leader at Intrepid Travel; just taking a well deserved time off from the travels, but when I'm ready to trail again it will be a pleasure to stay at Los Bucaros in Antigua. If theres one place a tour leader can relax and let the staff of the hotel do wonders for you and your people its Los Bucaros!!!! Sending Jah vibes from The Fifth Creation reggae/bar/lounge in El Remate, Peten, Guatemala. This is a GREAT PLACE!!!! Joshua de la Bastide, Tour Leader & Bar owner.

Room Tip: the ones not so close to reception are the best!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed for a couple of days and I find the rate just a great deal for a such a beautiful colonial house. The room was spotless and everithing I asked for I never got a no for an answer. My room
was on the second floor and the view of the
volcanoe was amazing. I did some activities thru them such a volcanoe hike, mayan predictions, coffee tour, and a great massage in my room. Also I have to mention the delicios breakfast buttet. Bucaros contributed a lot to make my vacations just perfect. But the main thing I like about them is that the owner is guatemalan and significative pexrcentage of the income goes directly to a women proyect in san antonio aguas calientes, wich I had the opportunity to visit and make tortillas and pepian with them. They were so efficient in taking my reservations and their driver polite and nice when meet us at the airport. I do recommed Bucaros highly.

• Stayed December 2011