My mother and I were rescued by the Posada del Angel when the hotel we had booked cancelled our reservation last minute. They arranged transportation to and from the airport which was totally reliable (even though our plane was an hour late due to weather). The hotel was gorgeous, candles everywhere, and beautiful furnishings. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet...it's hard to even call this a hotel because it was more like coming home every evening. There were some glass tiles in the ceiling and the room was a little bright in the morning, so my mom and I decided to cover them with the patio furniture above. The next day, we noticed that the hotel staff had noticed what we had done and had used some larger tiles to more completely cover the openings! Breakfast every morning with the beautiful backdrop of the volcano was amazing - fresh fruit, delicious tea and french press coffee and then wonderful eggs, french toast, etc. I can't say enough about how we were treated and the beautiful atmosphere, as well as the convenient location to the rest of this beautiful city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada del Angel, pioneer of the boutique hotel concept in Antigua Guatemala, is a colonial inn par excellence. This elegant boutique hotel, winner of the 2007 Andrew Harper hideaway report, is recognized world-wide by its 7 personalized suites (each with a good burning fire place) and high quality/first class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Posada del Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Angel Hotel Antigua
- Posada Del Angel Antigua Guatemala