I just stayed at the Posada. As I was traveling alone and female, it made me kind of nervous that my tour operator put me here. But once in my small cozy room, and with the friendly staff, all that was forgotten. It is about a 4 or 5 block walk to the main plaza but I found this to be good as there was less noise on the street.
All the streets are cobbled in Antigua so make sure you wear good walking shoes as there are seldom sidewalks so waking on these cobbles is necessary. I turned my ankle several time in walking around.
Any way, although the Posada doesn't have a restaurant, it includes a full breakfast. You can ask for almost anything and they have it for you. In the small living room or lounge, they will bring you a cocktail in the afternoon and snacks and they also told me that if I wanted to order a meal in, that they would do that too if I just let them know ahead of time.
My favorite room was No. 6 which was a small Jr. suite with a small living room with a fireplace (all rooms have fireplaces) and a wonderful huge bathroom. Most of the beds in this Posada are queens with canopies.
I could not see the Master Suite (located on the rooftop amidst a beautiful rose garden) as it was occupied.
Rooms are small..but then who needs anything else? One word of caution...due to the small size of these rooms, please note that the small fireplace in each room will really heat up quickly. You may need to open the windows as it can get toasty with the fire going.
This is a beautiful romantic hotel with only 7 rooms, but well worth the attention to detail and the cozy warm feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada del Angel, pioneer of the boutique hotel concept in Antigua Guatemala, is a colonial inn par excellence. This elegant boutique hotel, winner of the 2007 Andrew Harper hideaway report, is recognized world-wide by its 7 personalized suites (each with a good burning fire place) and high quality/first class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Posada del Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Angel Hotel Antigua
- Posada Del Angel Antigua Guatemala